Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rattling/creaking noises - engine or trunk lids ?
63acornwall
post Jul 11 2020, 05:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,823
Region Association: None

Hi Guys , hope you are all coping with the world wide lockdown . I have been using my car when I can , and have become aware of rattling noises that are present whether the targa lid is on or off , and seem to come from behind me .

I played around with the adjustable ( by turning) rubber stops on the engine lid but apart from making it sit a bit higher did not impact the noise .

I pushed the trunk lid at the rear edges but that seemed to be seated ok , however the rubber stops were pretty hard and not obviously adjustable ? The lock latches ok .

What should I be checking ? My attempts to use the site search engine ( search +rattle or +rattle +trunk +lid )were not productive , maybe using wrong words ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gereed75
post Jul 11 2020, 06:05 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,674
Region Association: North East States

I believe that the trunk bumpers are adjustable by turning them in and out like the engine lid. Do you have the rubber trunk seal installed?

Also the Porsche lettering on the engine grill is not always tight. If loose they can vibrate causing a “jangling” noise. Mine are surprisingly loud.

The engine lid latch post can also jump around in the latch. it is spring closed but maybe.

Sounds like you have checked most of the likely suspects. Good luck
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 11:24 PM