Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rattling/creaking noises - engine or trunk lids ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
63acornwall
Hi Guys , hope you are all coping with the world wide lockdown . I have been using my car when I can , and have become aware of rattling noises that are present whether the targa lid is on or off , and seem to come from behind me .

I played around with the adjustable ( by turning) rubber stops on the engine lid but apart from making it sit a bit higher did not impact the noise .

I pushed the trunk lid at the rear edges but that seemed to be seated ok , however the rubber stops were pretty hard and not obviously adjustable ? The lock latches ok .

What should I be checking ? My attempts to use the site search engine ( search +rattle or +rattle +trunk +lid )were not productive , maybe using wrong words ?
gereed75
I believe that the trunk bumpers are adjustable by turning them in and out like the engine lid. Do you have the rubber trunk seal installed?

Also the Porsche lettering on the engine grill is not always tight. If loose they can vibrate causing a “jangling” noise. Mine are surprisingly loud.

The engine lid latch post can also jump around in the latch. it is spring closed but maybe.

Sounds like you have checked most of the likely suspects. Good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.