Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hidden Bolts During Transmission Removal, Which Ones?
Ansbacher
post Jul 11 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

Getting all my ducks in a row prior to removing my transmission soon. Of the bolts holding the starter and transmission to the engine, which ones need to be addressed from INSIDE the engine compartment? I am seeing multiple and conflicting answers when researching this.

Also, which bolts do I remove at the rear mounts- the single bolts at the center of each mount or the two bolts on the side of each mount? Confused...

Lastly, is it possible to do this job on ramps, or do I need more height via jack stands. I do understand the necessity to support the engine during the process.

Advice needed and thanks.

Ansbacher
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jul 11 2020, 07:01 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

For the rear, i find it easier to just unbolt the two small 10mm bolts on each mount so the mounts stay with the transmission.

As for the 4 case bolts, the only one that needs attention from inside the engine bay it the one on the top left (drivers side) that also holds the starter.

Make sure you remove the ground strap and have good support for the engine before you try to drop the transmission.

A ramp should be fine if you removed the rear valance, that should be plenty of room to balance the transmission on a floor jack and roll it out the back.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Ansbacher
post Jul 12 2020, 10:59 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,589

There is nothing like info from the horse's mouth. Thanks Sir Andy!

Ansbacher
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 10:41 AM