Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help! First unknown broken part!
desmomini
post Jul 27 2020, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,845
Region Association: South East States

In a desire to protect the hellhole, I decided it prudent to replace the 9 year old Interstate battery with a new sealed Optima 34R. In the process of undoing the battery cable, I broke one of the battery terminal bolts. No big deal, right? Well...this one had a box end with a hole in it, accepting a smaller bolt that screws down two pig tail wires.

I don't understand exactly why it was wired this way, but it was, somewhere in the past, plus there's a battery cutoff switch. In any case, I can't start the car unless these two pigtails are also connected to positive, and they are just a hair too small to fit on a standard battery terminal bolt under the nut (they just won't thread on the bolt, which is too big for them.)

You'd think a part like would be simple to find, as it seems like car audio installers, etc, would regularly use something like this, but I can't find anything like it anywhere! The closest I've found are replacement terminal ends, and I'd like to not the battery cable if I don't absolutely have to.

This seems like such a clever little piece of hardware...where can I find one?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 06:53 PM