Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help! First unknown broken part!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
desmomini
In a desire to protect the hellhole, I decided it prudent to replace the 9 year old Interstate battery with a new sealed Optima 34R. In the process of undoing the battery cable, I broke one of the battery terminal bolts. No big deal, right? Well...this one had a box end with a hole in it, accepting a smaller bolt that screws down two pig tail wires.

I don't understand exactly why it was wired this way, but it was, somewhere in the past, plus there's a battery cutoff switch. In any case, I can't start the car unless these two pigtails are also connected to positive, and they are just a hair too small to fit on a standard battery terminal bolt under the nut (they just won't thread on the bolt, which is too big for them.)

You'd think a part like would be simple to find, as it seems like car audio installers, etc, would regularly use something like this, but I can't find anything like it anywhere! The closest I've found are replacement terminal ends, and I'd like to not the battery cable if I don't absolutely have to.

This seems like such a clever little piece of hardware...where can I find one?

Rand
Any FLAPS should have them. Or online. Many variations:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=battery+terminal...ef=nb_sb_noss_2
914Sixer
Battery post. 914Rubber has them.
desmomini
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 27 2020, 10:46 PM) *

Battery post. 914Rubber has them.

Indeed they do! NLA, no less. Thank you!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.