Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> WTB: 2.0L Stock intake and Exhaust parts
Lilchopshop
post Aug 27 2020, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,932
Region Association: North East States

I have a 73 2.0L that came to me with an aftermarket turbo and no heat exchangers or heater boxes. I want to put the motor back to stock, so I'm looking for the original air cleaner, throttle body, intake hoses and heat exchangers, heater control boxes, muffler, etc. Most of the stuff that's shown below. I could also use some good engine cooling tin since mine was cut up for the turbo by the PO. Willing to look at whatever you have that would fit 2.0L motor with Engine # GA001100.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 11)
914_7T3
post Aug 27 2020, 01:13 PM
Post #2

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

@bdstone914 would be a good source for heating components including flapper boxes, J-tubes etc...among others.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Aug 27 2020, 02:25 PM
Post #3

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

@Lilchopshop

' date='Aug 27 2020, 10:24 AM' post='2846380']
I have a 73 2.0L that came to me with an aftermarket turbo and no heat exchangers or heater boxes. I want to put the motor back to stock, so I'm looking for the original air cleaner, throttle body, intake hoses and heat exchangers, heater control boxes, muffler, etc. Most of the stuff that's shown below. I could also use some good engine cooling tin since mine was cut up for the turbo by the PO. Willing to look at whatever you have that would fit 2.0L motor with Engine # GA001100.
[/quote]

I have many if those parts. No stock heat exchangers or muffler. PM me your email .
Can you post a picture of the top and bottom of the engine to show what's missing?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Aug 27 2020, 11:59 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

I have this plenum, throttle body and one sensor I'd send to you for $60 shipped

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Lilchopshop
post Aug 28 2020, 09:22 AM
Post #5

@bdstone914 ,
Per your suggestion, here are some pictures of my engine as it sits. I’d love to see any useable parts that you (or anyone else) have/has that would help me get this back to a stock configuration. Thanks so much for your offer to help!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Aug 28 2020, 09:43 AM
Post #6

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

@Lilchopshop

I see missing the air filter, air filter bracket assembly, throttle body, throttle position, boot for air filter to throttle body.

Bad passenger side top tin and front corner tin.

I have those parts. I can post pictures as I get them rounded up.
Have you done a compression or leak down test on the engine to see if has a chance of running without rebuild ?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Aug 28 2020, 10:16 AM
Post #7

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Ensure any plenum you might purchase is leak free. The systems in the parts diagrams are not 2.0 versions. Your plenum may only need cleaning and refinishing. I would not put any faith in the fuel injectors. Plan on replacing every disposable. Fuel injector seals (2 per), all grommets and seals, hoses, gaskets, stacked elbow, CORRECT phenolic gaskets for the intakes, etc. You will need to replace the soft fuel lines. Plan on a good or refurbished MPS. A crappy FI harness will waste your time. Your shopping list will most certainly grow. If the piping for the exhaust is still on, get a GOOD penetrant and start spraying the the studs and nuts. Break one an you'll be in a world of hurt. Heat may be required for this task as well. Do not invest in a set of 75-76 heat exchangers. Vacuum leaks with D-jet are a persistent problem. You'll spend a fortune on shipping buying piecemeal.
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Aug 28 2020, 11:52 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

Wow! I wonder how that ran. Decent looking set up running D Jet?
+Quote Post
Lilchopshop
post Aug 28 2020, 06:12 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 28 2020, 11:43 AM) *

@Lilchopshop

I see missing the air filter, air filter bracket assembly, throttle body, throttle position, boot for air filter to throttle body.

Bad passenger side top tin and front corner tin.

I have those parts. I can post pictures as I get them rounded up.
Have you done a compression or leak down test on the engine to see if has a chance of running without rebuild ?

Yes please!!!!

I haven’t done compression or leak testing yet but plan to. Knowing how I approach things, I will probably do a complete rebuild anyway. Thinking about going to a 2056 with stock FI.
+Quote Post
Lilchopshop
post Aug 28 2020, 06:22 PM
Post #10

QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 28 2020, 01:52 PM) *

Wow! I wonder how that ran. Decent looking set up running D Jet?

No idea. The rest of the car was too far gone when I got it to even worry about testing the engine. Judging by the plethora of extras switches on the dash, the home-brew alcohol tank and injection system in the engine bay and the burned trunk floor right above the turbo, my guess is that it was finicky at best.

I believe that the turbo unit was made by Crown Manufacturing possibly circa 1980. I still have the intake, intercooler and what’s left of the hoses if anyone wants them for their Porsche museum. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
beech4rd
post Aug 29 2020, 02:16 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 7,445

Where in New York are you located? I have a used set of 2L heat exchangers ( not stainless) that, with a little love, could be made operable. I also have most of the heating parts that attach to the exchangers. I'm in Saugerties in the Mid Hudson Valley if you want to view them.
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Aug 29 2020, 02:30 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have a nice 2.0 air box/cleaner. If you are interested, reply for pictures.

Greg
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 07:24 PM