Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 2.0L Stock intake and Exhaust parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Lilchopshop
I have a 73 2.0L that came to me with an aftermarket turbo and no heat exchangers or heater boxes. I want to put the motor back to stock, so I'm looking for the original air cleaner, throttle body, intake hoses and heat exchangers, heater control boxes, muffler, etc. Most of the stuff that's shown below. I could also use some good engine cooling tin since mine was cut up for the turbo by the PO. Willing to look at whatever you have that would fit 2.0L motor with Engine # GA001100.
914_7T3
@bdstone914 would be a good source for heating components including flapper boxes, J-tubes etc...among others.
bdstone914
@Lilchopshop

' date='Aug 27 2020, 10:24 AM' post='2846380']
I have a 73 2.0L that came to me with an aftermarket turbo and no heat exchangers or heater boxes. I want to put the motor back to stock, so I'm looking for the original air cleaner, throttle body, intake hoses and heat exchangers, heater control boxes, muffler, etc. Most of the stuff that's shown below. I could also use some good engine cooling tin since mine was cut up for the turbo by the PO. Willing to look at whatever you have that would fit 2.0L motor with Engine # GA001100.
[/quote]

I have many if those parts. No stock heat exchangers or muffler. PM me your email .
Can you post a picture of the top and bottom of the engine to show what's missing?
Krieger
I have this plenum, throttle body and one sensor I'd send to you for $60 shipped

Click to view attachment
Lilchopshop
@bdstone914 ,
Per your suggestion, here are some pictures of my engine as it sits. I’d love to see any useable parts that you (or anyone else) have/has that would help me get this back to a stock configuration. Thanks so much for your offer to help!
bdstone914
@Lilchopshop

I see missing the air filter, air filter bracket assembly, throttle body, throttle position, boot for air filter to throttle body.

Bad passenger side top tin and front corner tin.

I have those parts. I can post pictures as I get them rounded up.
Have you done a compression or leak down test on the engine to see if has a chance of running without rebuild ?
rhodyguy
Ensure any plenum you might purchase is leak free. The systems in the parts diagrams are not 2.0 versions. Your plenum may only need cleaning and refinishing. I would not put any faith in the fuel injectors. Plan on replacing every disposable. Fuel injector seals (2 per), all grommets and seals, hoses, gaskets, stacked elbow, CORRECT phenolic gaskets for the intakes, etc. You will need to replace the soft fuel lines. Plan on a good or refurbished MPS. A crappy FI harness will waste your time. Your shopping list will most certainly grow. If the piping for the exhaust is still on, get a GOOD penetrant and start spraying the the studs and nuts. Break one an you'll be in a world of hurt. Heat may be required for this task as well. Do not invest in a set of 75-76 heat exchangers. Vacuum leaks with D-jet are a persistent problem. You'll spend a fortune on shipping buying piecemeal.
Krieger
Wow! I wonder how that ran. Decent looking set up running D Jet?
Lilchopshop
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Aug 28 2020, 11:43 AM) *

@Lilchopshop

I see missing the air filter, air filter bracket assembly, throttle body, throttle position, boot for air filter to throttle body.

Bad passenger side top tin and front corner tin.

I have those parts. I can post pictures as I get them rounded up.
Have you done a compression or leak down test on the engine to see if has a chance of running without rebuild ?

Yes please!!!!

I haven’t done compression or leak testing yet but plan to. Knowing how I approach things, I will probably do a complete rebuild anyway. Thinking about going to a 2056 with stock FI.
Lilchopshop
QUOTE(Krieger @ Aug 28 2020, 01:52 PM) *

Wow! I wonder how that ran. Decent looking set up running D Jet?

No idea. The rest of the car was too far gone when I got it to even worry about testing the engine. Judging by the plethora of extras switches on the dash, the home-brew alcohol tank and injection system in the engine bay and the burned trunk floor right above the turbo, my guess is that it was finicky at best.

I believe that the turbo unit was made by Crown Manufacturing possibly circa 1980. I still have the intake, intercooler and what’s left of the hoses if anyone wants them for their Porsche museum. rolleyes.gif
beech4rd
Where in New York are you located? I have a used set of 2L heat exchangers ( not stainless) that, with a little love, could be made operable. I also have most of the heating parts that attach to the exchangers. I'm in Saugerties in the Mid Hudson Valley if you want to view them.
gcrotvik
I have a nice 2.0 air box/cleaner. If you are interested, reply for pictures.

Greg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.