Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Jewelry, Feels good to be putting some on the car
Morph914
post Sep 27 2020, 07:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,326
Region Association: South East States

After all the hard work of stripping the car down to a shell and doing the body work, interior, trunks and underside paint ( I had the exterior done by a pro) it feels good to be putting some jewelry back on the car.

I was lucky to get in on the great bumper rechrome offered by Oscar a year or so ago, and am very happy with the results with the exception of a couple of small dents in the rear bumper that I did not notice upon inspection. I am sure this happened in shipping and is too late to do anything about now.

The new bumper tops from 914 rubber look great. I had a bit of an issue with the ends sticking out too much but was able to change their attitude with some clamps applied for a week or so. I am happy with the final result.
After watching Brent install his valances first, I am wondering if I installed these in the wrong order. I purposely did not install the rear valance for extra clearance when I install the engine.

The 5 lug conversion kit from PMB has been installed after a bit of a snafu, they sent the wrong front rotors, but made it right in the end. Everyone makes mistakes, it’s how they handle them that makes the difference. I had PMB rebuild all the calipers, the pressure regulator, and also purchased all new brake lines. So the braking system should be good to go.
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 04:25 AM