Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nice looking '76 on BAT, Raby 2270
IronHillRestorations
post Sep 28 2020, 04:25 PM
Post #1

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Nice '76 with Raby 2270

No affiliation at all. Looks very well done, but I haven't looked at all the detail pics to know about typical problem areas.

Killer color combination. Leather interior is primo!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 29 2020, 08:59 AM
Post #2

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I weighed in on that one.. BaT has hired some writers that aren't very impressive.
Nice car.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Sep 29 2020, 09:05 AM
Post #3

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

That is one well sorted 914!
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 4 2020, 07:04 PM
Post #4

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 29 2020, 07:59 AM) *

I weighed in on that one.. BaT has hired some writers that aren't very impressive.
Nice car.

If I wasn't cutting back on everything, I'd consider getting this one. The mods might hurt the final sale price, but don't bother me. A couple things I might change, but it all looks very well done.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Oct 4 2020, 11:05 PM
Post #5

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I was never aware of that engine config allowing for HEs. Pretty big deal for me. The comment with the 'headers' confusion was kind of funny. BIG PANIC with it being a 76'!!!, California and all. Last time I checked there were 49 other states and more then a few territories. Prices are weird anymore. I don't even guess. Long way to go on the bidding.
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Oct 5 2020, 06:18 AM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 5 2020, 12:05 AM) *

I was never aware of that engine config allowing for HEs. Pretty big deal for me. The comment with the 'headers' confusion was kind of funny. BIG PANIC with it being a 76'!!!, California and all. Last time I checked there were 49 other states and more then a few territories. Prices are weird anymore. I don't even guess. Long way to go on the bidding.

California is a pretty significant market for both new, and especially classic cars. For many of us anything needing on-going SMOG checks is less desirable.

Personally the interior and body colored everything looks overdone to my eyes, engine obviously a huge plus.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Oct 5 2020, 10:10 AM
Post #7

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I get it. That car is golden in a state with a rolling exemption or cut off year for emission testing. I think most people living in California understand the 75' rule and they would scroll by the ad after noting the details. The repeated '75'' comments were tedious and uninformative.
+Quote Post
JOEPROPER
post Oct 5 2020, 10:16 AM
Post #8

The answer is "no" unless you ask...

Member No.: 19,387
Region Association: North East States

I re-read the listing this morning when i noticed that the bidding was so low... I like the car and think the owner built it the way they liked it. Being non-stock custom, I like the modifications and think it well worth double where it's at now. Could be a great deal if the reserve is met.
+Quote Post
rjames
post Oct 5 2020, 05:56 PM
Post #9

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I was watching this one, mostly fantasizing, but thinking if the price stayed low enough that maybe I'd put a bid on it. It was still below $10k when I looked last night, but it went up fast beyond my reach pretty quickly.
I think it had two owners in a relatively short period time, which if correct, seemed a bit odd given the spec; It's not an engine you buy flippantly to install, and not a build you buy as your first car without some thought beforehand I would think.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Oct 6 2020, 10:26 AM
Post #10

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 5 2020, 03:56 PM) *

I was watching this one, mostly fantasizing, but thinking if the price stayed low enough that maybe I'd put a bid on it. It was still below $10k when I looked last night, but it went up fast beyond my reach pretty quickly.
I think it had two owners in a relatively short period time, which if correct, seemed a bit odd given the spec; It's not an engine you buy flippantly to install, and not a build you buy as your first car without some thought beforehand I would think.

The first owner racked up a lot of the miles in the first year after I delivered the engine. The car was off the road for a lot of work while I was doing my part of the project, and he wasn't in a hurry to get the car finished.

I never spoke to the second owner, and didn't even know the car had sold till it went up on BaT..

Now I'm thinking about building a 914 engine over the winter to specifically sell on BaT :-)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:59 AM