Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice looking '76 on BAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
Nice '76 with Raby 2270

No affiliation at all. Looks very well done, but I haven't looked at all the detail pics to know about typical problem areas.

Killer color combination. Leather interior is primo!
Jake Raby
I weighed in on that one.. BaT has hired some writers that aren't very impressive.
Nice car.
Root_Werks
That is one well sorted 914!
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 29 2020, 07:59 AM) *

I weighed in on that one.. BaT has hired some writers that aren't very impressive.
Nice car.

If I wasn't cutting back on everything, I'd consider getting this one. The mods might hurt the final sale price, but don't bother me. A couple things I might change, but it all looks very well done.
rhodyguy
I was never aware of that engine config allowing for HEs. Pretty big deal for me. The comment with the 'headers' confusion was kind of funny. BIG PANIC with it being a 76'!!!, California and all. Last time I checked there were 49 other states and more then a few territories. Prices are weird anymore. I don't even guess. Long way to go on the bidding.
Tdskip
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Oct 5 2020, 12:05 AM) *

I was never aware of that engine config allowing for HEs. Pretty big deal for me. The comment with the 'headers' confusion was kind of funny. BIG PANIC with it being a 76'!!!, California and all. Last time I checked there were 49 other states and more then a few territories. Prices are weird anymore. I don't even guess. Long way to go on the bidding.

California is a pretty significant market for both new, and especially classic cars. For many of us anything needing on-going SMOG checks is less desirable.

Personally the interior and body colored everything looks overdone to my eyes, engine obviously a huge plus.
rhodyguy
I get it. That car is golden in a state with a rolling exemption or cut off year for emission testing. I think most people living in California understand the 75' rule and they would scroll by the ad after noting the details. The repeated '75'' comments were tedious and uninformative.
JOEPROPER
I re-read the listing this morning when i noticed that the bidding was so low... I like the car and think the owner built it the way they liked it. Being non-stock custom, I like the modifications and think it well worth double where it's at now. Could be a great deal if the reserve is met.
rjames
I was watching this one, mostly fantasizing, but thinking if the price stayed low enough that maybe I'd put a bid on it. It was still below $10k when I looked last night, but it went up fast beyond my reach pretty quickly.
I think it had two owners in a relatively short period time, which if correct, seemed a bit odd given the spec; It's not an engine you buy flippantly to install, and not a build you buy as your first car without some thought beforehand I would think.
Jake Raby
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 5 2020, 03:56 PM) *

I was watching this one, mostly fantasizing, but thinking if the price stayed low enough that maybe I'd put a bid on it. It was still below $10k when I looked last night, but it went up fast beyond my reach pretty quickly.
I think it had two owners in a relatively short period time, which if correct, seemed a bit odd given the spec; It's not an engine you buy flippantly to install, and not a build you buy as your first car without some thought beforehand I would think.

The first owner racked up a lot of the miles in the first year after I delivered the engine. The car was off the road for a lot of work while I was doing my part of the project, and he wasn't in a hurry to get the car finished.

I never spoke to the second owner, and didn't even know the car had sold till it went up on BaT..

Now I'm thinking about building a 914 engine over the winter to specifically sell on BaT :-)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.