Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Front lower valance & taillight assemblies
JamesJ
post Oct 8 2020, 03:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,202
Region Association: Northern California

Has anyone fitted or seen the quality of either of these items from Sierra Madre Collection?

Fiberglass front lower valance: I am not sure who makes these for SMC. AA also sells them but for about $90 more than SMC. Perhaps they use different suppliers?
I may consider a steel one but finding a decent one can be difficult.

Complete taillight assemblies: I purchased new lenses from 914Rubber, but my housings are warped so the lenses won't fit. I am thinking of purchasing the complete assembly from SMC. If someone has installed these assemblies, I am curious as to how well they fit on the body of the car.

If you have any feedback on either of these items, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Oct 8 2020, 04:11 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Reproduction tail light lens have been a hot topic. Seems 99 % do not fit properly to 50 yr old housing. Not sure about quality of SMC assemblies.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 8 2020, 05:54 PM
Post #3

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

We resell lenses we get out of Germany now.
We initially did the AA ones, and they are the same as the SMC ones from what I could tell. They fit marginally. We did add an extra seal for the outside corner at one time.

Since them the German ones seem to be the best, unfortunately they are out of stock.

I have plenty of the afore mentioned ones and we are putting them on sale to get them out of inventory. I can get you a set of the German one we are just waiting on updated pricing.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:50 PM