Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front lower valance & taillight assemblies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesJ
Has anyone fitted or seen the quality of either of these items from Sierra Madre Collection?

Fiberglass front lower valance: I am not sure who makes these for SMC. AA also sells them but for about $90 more than SMC. Perhaps they use different suppliers?
I may consider a steel one but finding a decent one can be difficult.

Complete taillight assemblies: I purchased new lenses from 914Rubber, but my housings are warped so the lenses won't fit. I am thinking of purchasing the complete assembly from SMC. If someone has installed these assemblies, I am curious as to how well they fit on the body of the car.

If you have any feedback on either of these items, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.
914Sixer
Reproduction tail light lens have been a hot topic. Seems 99 % do not fit properly to 50 yr old housing. Not sure about quality of SMC assemblies.
Mikey914
We resell lenses we get out of Germany now.
We initially did the AA ones, and they are the same as the SMC ones from what I could tell. They fit marginally. We did add an extra seal for the outside corner at one time.

Since them the German ones seem to be the best, unfortunately they are out of stock.

I have plenty of the afore mentioned ones and we are putting them on sale to get them out of inventory. I can get you a set of the German one we are just waiting on updated pricing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.