Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914-6 conversion shift rod guidance
mb911
post Oct 8 2020, 04:55 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

There has been a ton of threads recently on engine mounts, headera and shift linkages. I wanted to put some information here that others could benefit from. Now keep in mind I have used several different mounts over the years including Rich Johnson style, Naro setup, and the OEM style. My favorite is the OEM style because its very easy position and has a nice rubber cushion so very little vibration. It also allows for very little interaction with anything else. As you can tell I don't have my heat exchangers on but you can see from the picture how clean the area is... The shift rod can be basically made straight. I have a nice little fixture for making these . I enjoy the KISS method on the shift linkage and it works really well. If you position your engine at the correct stock height then this is a bolt in proposition which I think most like.. Well anyway a picture is worth a thousand words. Let me know if I can help answer anyones questions

@superhawk996 @tdskip and please share with anyone else at this stage. Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 01:58 AM