Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New owner in UK
neilbardsley
post Oct 11 2020, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,754
Region Association: Europe

After some scum bag burnt my 912 in January. We have just book a73 1.7.

It has been a project that some else has been working on.

I'm based in the Midlands. I try to spanner my cars. I'm not an expert but I will have a go.

Here is the advert

https://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67251

There are a couple of issues but the main ones are

- gear linkage needs adjusting. 1st is hard to get into.
From the previous owner

Gearbox - I have refreshed the gearbox oil, refreshed a lot of the linkage bushings etc, aswell as replacing the seals on the gearbox selector shaft. It
probably needs a few drives to optimise the coupling alignments.
I have also replaced the reverse switch pin which is a common fault, so reverse lights work correctly.

I've never tried adjusting linkage before. Is there a guide?

- the rear truck isn't sealing well. The back left and right covers are sitting too high and not sealing with the body. I tried adjusting the latch but didn't help? Any ideas?

- The Targa top at the rear on the drivers size is seating too high. This means there is a small gap between the window and seal. There is a pin that should be pulled down by a hoop from the latch but it isn't moving the top down much. It took quite a lot of work just to get it on

- I need to do a tune up as it's idling rough and not responsive. This is my first time without carbs and an injection system but I guess the basics are the same. Valve, points timing?

Thank you for any help

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/live.staticflickr.com-20-1602449940.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 03:41 PM