Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> INTEREST IN 914's GROWING?
dax1969
post Oct 14 2020, 04:31 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,103
Region Association: None

so true... I get more smiles, thumbs up and questions on the 914 then when I am out in my 911. Although prices are going up, for most Europeans it remains a VW .... except parts sellers and mechanics (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Classic cars are very popular in Belgium but I think this will change... a few major cities introduced LEZ (low emission zones) and we are not welcome anymore.
Also as of this year classic cars must be 30 years .... need inspection every 2 year (as of 50 years, every 5 years). People who can't do basic things themself will soon realize than mechanics are expensive. What scares me a bit is the fact that Belgian inspection is soooo stupid. They know nothing about classic cars and want that cars are original....
No engineswaps, no modifications allowed but also no upgrades !!

A friend of mine had his VW T1 inspected and was rejected because the car had disc brakes instead of the original drumbrakes.... so making the car better is not allowed !

I was rejected with my 911 because I installed "purple" poly bushings ... they should have been black and of rubber. So black "made in china" bushings are ok, the better quality bushings are considered as "tuning" and need a certificate from the manufacturer or lab that they are of an equal or better quality. fyi I do like fighting the system and arranged a certificate fm the supplier... again they tried to reject me but I had the full European legislative with me and showed them that they should accept...and they did (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) but I can understand that a lot of people will get scared of buying and using a classic car and if there is less demand ....

Will see, I just enjoy my cars as long as I can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

bye
Dax
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tdskip
post Oct 14 2020, 10:21 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 21,666
Region Association: None

QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Oct 13 2020, 09:06 AM) *

Values are going up for sure, and have been for years.

Right now the "Affordable" Porsches are the watercooled 70s-80s cars. 924, 944, 928. And I suspect their values will go up as well as new owners try to get in on the Porsche bubble - as long as the bubble holds.

Zach

Agree, would just add decent 928s are getting spendy, not decent ones are eye wateringly expense to get to a decent point. Been there, still doing that....
+Quote Post
Al Meredith
post Oct 14 2020, 02:18 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 3,061

See what is happening in Belgium and rest of the EU . Personal freedoms are slowly being taken away . You guys in California see it coming. Lets vote to keep the government out of our freedoms .
+Quote Post
flat4guy
post Oct 14 2020, 09:24 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 20,484
Region Association: Northern California

In California it is tough enough just paying gas and DMV fees - highest in the country I believe. Luckily I have been ahead of the game - bought my 911 and 912 before they went to high and my 914 was a hidden gem in the foothills. You buy them to enjoy and not for an investment otherwise you could be an unhappy person. Miles = smiles.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 09:01 AM