Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Center console, center console with woofer
Ian Stott
post Oct 14 2020, 08:19 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

I remember seeing a center console with a woofer, it was quite a while ago, anyone remember who was selling those? Looking to upgrade my sound quality, do not need to win a car stereo contest!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Oct 14 2020, 08:45 AM
Post #2

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 14 2020, 10:19 AM) *

I remember seeing a center console with a woofer, it was quite a while ago, anyone remember who was selling those? Looking to upgrade my sound quality, do not need to win a car stereo contest!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

mine has one, but its not hooked up , it was aftermarket, made by a member here at the time, about 8 years ago. He also made the blaupunkt speaker pods and a few other items, i dont know the brand of the speaker . i can take a picture of it tonight. i think he went by "morph" but dont remember his user name . at one time 914rubber was sourcing some stuff from him but production was not consistent i think due to some health issues for him but Mark or Matt may know more about these, check with 914rubber they may have the speakers and make the console for them now.

Phil
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Oct 14 2020, 10:47 AM
Post #3

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 14 2020, 11:45 AM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

mine has one, but its not hooked up , it was aftermarket, made by a member here at the time, about 8 years ago. He also made the blaupunkt speaker pods and a few other items, i dont know the brand of the speaker . i can take a picture of it tonight. i think he went by "morph" but dont remember his user name . at one time 914rubber was sourcing some stuff from him but production was not consistent i think due to some health issues for him but Mark or Matt may know more about these, check with 914rubber they may have the speakers and make the console for them now.

Phil

Thank you Phil, I remember now that you mention the word morph. No longer in that business?? Will contact 914 rubber.
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Oct 14 2020, 11:30 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Lots of info in this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335865

914Rubber is working on a sub enclosure that replaces the passenger foot well foam. This is a good excuse to pester Mark again for a progress update @Mikey914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Oct 14 2020, 11:43 AM
Post #5

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26

I have the foot foamy replacement enclosure, I'll sell it to you Ian. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Pics below aren't mine, but it's the same box in new condition.

I don't like how the speaker is on the footrest and I'm not going to cut up my original carpet, so I doubt if I'll ever use it.
I too want a console based sub enclosure.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-3380-1212544284.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-1389-1212565144.jpg)
+Quote Post
Steve
post Oct 14 2020, 11:48 AM
Post #6

914 Guru

Member No.: 822
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 14 2020, 09:47 AM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Phil

Thank you Phil, I remember now that you mention the word morph. No longer in that business?? Will contact 914 rubber.

I bought a deposit box center console from him a couple of years ago. His web site is also still up. Try calling him. http://www.914ap.com/
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Oct 14 2020, 12:00 PM
Post #7

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106

QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 14 2020, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 14 2020, 09:47 AM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Phil

I bought a deposit box center console from him a couple of years ago. His web site is also still up. Try calling him. http://www.914ap.com/

thats Morph(James)! i just couldnt remember his website. he used to sell here on this site back when i first got my car about 10-12 years ago.
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Oct 14 2020, 01:54 PM
Post #8

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

Easy to make, fits perfectly, totally replaces the factory foam block, holds an 8 inch sub, factory carpet fits right over it so it becomes a subtile sub, and no need to cut up a perfect center console (plus when it is in the console you still do not have a chamber for the bass like you do when it is in place of the factory foam blockAttached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
porsche914rick
post Oct 14 2020, 01:57 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 17,744

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
bludden
post Oct 14 2020, 02:47 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 24,380

Attached Image
+Quote Post
R Dub
post Oct 14 2020, 07:46 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 21,387

Here is mine. I can say better that nothing but you really need to enclose the console to make the most.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i.ibb.co-21387-1602726403.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Oct 15 2020, 10:31 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 14 2020, 02:43 PM) *

I have the foot foamy replacement enclosure, I'll sell it to you Ian. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I don't like how the speaker is on the footrest and I'm not going to cut up my original carpet, so I doubt if I'll ever use it.

Thanks for the offer, not saying no, want to investigate the console option further, doing the interior this winter. I sent you a message earlier about talking to my mechanic regarding what I may need for the SDS fuel injection system, I think you may have some or all of what we may need. We can make a deal for the L jet system I have now.
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Oct 15 2020, 12:14 PM
Post #13

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 15 2020, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 14 2020, 02:43 PM) *

Thanks for the offer, not saying no, want to investigate the console option further, doing the interior this winter. I sent you a message earlier about talking to my mechanic regarding what I may need for the SDS fuel injection system, I think you may have some or all of what we may need. We can make a deal for the L jet system I have now.

I sent you a PM yesterday check your inbox. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

After a bit of stinking I might use this box anyways.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 15 2020, 01:48 PM
Post #14

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 14 2020, 10:30 AM) *

Lots of info in this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335865

914Rubber is working on a sub enclosure that replaces the passenger foot well foam. This is a good excuse to pester Mark again for a progress update @Mikey914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

Thanks for the reminder. Got sidetracked on the roll bar pad. Along with a few new things too.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:09 PM