Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Center console
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
I remember seeing a center console with a woofer, it was quite a while ago, anyone remember who was selling those? Looking to upgrade my sound quality, do not need to win a car stereo contest!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 14 2020, 10:19 AM) *

I remember seeing a center console with a woofer, it was quite a while ago, anyone remember who was selling those? Looking to upgrade my sound quality, do not need to win a car stereo contest!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

mine has one, but its not hooked up , it was aftermarket, made by a member here at the time, about 8 years ago. He also made the blaupunkt speaker pods and a few other items, i dont know the brand of the speaker . i can take a picture of it tonight. i think he went by "morph" but dont remember his user name . at one time 914rubber was sourcing some stuff from him but production was not consistent i think due to some health issues for him but Mark or Matt may know more about these, check with 914rubber they may have the speakers and make the console for them now.

Phil
Ian Stott
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Oct 14 2020, 11:45 AM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

mine has one, but its not hooked up , it was aftermarket, made by a member here at the time, about 8 years ago. He also made the blaupunkt speaker pods and a few other items, i dont know the brand of the speaker . i can take a picture of it tonight. i think he went by "morph" but dont remember his user name . at one time 914rubber was sourcing some stuff from him but production was not consistent i think due to some health issues for him but Mark or Matt may know more about these, check with 914rubber they may have the speakers and make the console for them now.

Phil

Thank you Phil, I remember now that you mention the word morph. No longer in that business?? Will contact 914 rubber.
bbrock
Lots of info in this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335865

914Rubber is working on a sub enclosure that replaces the passenger foot well foam. This is a good excuse to pester Mark again for a progress update @Mikey914 beer.gif
Mark Henry
I have the foot foamy replacement enclosure, I'll sell it to you Ian. smile.gif
Pics below aren't mine, but it's the same box in new condition.

I don't like how the speaker is on the footrest and I'm not going to cut up my original carpet, so I doubt if I'll ever use it.
I too want a console based sub enclosure.

IPB Image
IPB Image
Steve
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 14 2020, 09:47 AM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Phil

Thank you Phil, I remember now that you mention the word morph. No longer in that business?? Will contact 914 rubber.

I bought a deposit box center console from him a couple of years ago. His web site is also still up. Try calling him. http://www.914ap.com/
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 14 2020, 01:48 PM) *

QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 14 2020, 09:47 AM) *

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada

Phil

I bought a deposit box center console from him a couple of years ago. His web site is also still up. Try calling him. http://www.914ap.com/

thats Morph(James)! i just couldnt remember his website. he used to sell here on this site back when i first got my car about 10-12 years ago.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Easy to make, fits perfectly, totally replaces the factory foam block, holds an 8 inch sub, factory carpet fits right over it so it becomes a subtile sub, and no need to cut up a perfect center console (plus when it is in the console you still do not have a chamber for the bass like you do when it is in place of the factory foam blockClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
porsche914rick
driving.gif
bludden
Click to view attachment
R Dub
Here is mine. I can say better that nothing but you really need to enclose the console to make the most.
IPB Image
Ian Stott
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 14 2020, 02:43 PM) *

I don't like how the speaker is on the footrest and I'm not going to cut up my original carpet, so I doubt if I'll ever use it.

IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks for the offer, not saying no, want to investigate the console option further, doing the interior this winter. I sent you a message earlier about talking to my mechanic regarding what I may need for the SDS fuel injection system, I think you may have some or all of what we may need. We can make a deal for the L jet system I have now.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Ian Stott @ Oct 15 2020, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Oct 14 2020, 02:43 PM) *

IPB Image
IPB Image

Thanks for the offer, not saying no, want to investigate the console option further, doing the interior this winter. I sent you a message earlier about talking to my mechanic regarding what I may need for the SDS fuel injection system, I think you may have some or all of what we may need. We can make a deal for the L jet system I have now.

I sent you a PM yesterday check your inbox. smile.gif

After a bit of stinking I might use this box anyways.... biggrin.gif

Mikey914
QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 14 2020, 10:30 AM) *

Lots of info in this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=335865

914Rubber is working on a sub enclosure that replaces the passenger foot well foam. This is a good excuse to pester Mark again for a progress update @Mikey914 beer.gif

Thanks for the reminder. Got sidetracked on the roll bar pad. Along with a few new things too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.