Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Flasher/turn signal relay clicks all the time, Update from the brake warning switch thread
burlybryan
post Oct 14 2020, 07:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,311
Region Association: None

I've run though all the master cylinder wiring (I don't have a reset button) and wondering if the constant clicking from the turn signal/flasher relay is from something else.

The relay clicks any time the ignition is powered. When the parking brake is pulled, the light flashes and clicking increases pace to match the light.

I'm wondering if the constant clicking is related to the seat belt warning system. I found a detached brown/yellow wire and reconnected to terminal A on the seatbelt relay which stopped the recent brake warning light constantly flashing issue. Could the chime not be due to the brake system, but the seatbelt? The wiring under the passenger seat has been manipulated and there is a missing small square relay. Big yellow wires are jumpered together.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Bryan

'74 1.8
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rmdinmd
post Oct 15 2020, 05:54 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,585
Region Association: South East States

I had a similar problem a few years ago. I replaced the relay like Clay told me and the problem went away.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:19 PM