Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Clutch cable wheel protection...?, Hate to leave my new beautiful cable and wheel exposed,,,,
bbrock
post Feb 7 2021, 01:14 PM
Post #21

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Oct 20 2020, 04:30 PM) *

As much as I think it's a solution seeking a problem, that is great design work and you have at least one interested customer! Great job! I wish I had more time to play . . . Is that done in Inventor? Axis and the way planes are notated look familiar. Maybe some other AutoDesk product?

Well... I know our cars are too precious to dare drive them on gravel roads now, but back in the day, I drove mine several miles on dirt roads on my daily work commute. The combo of that open cable wheel and an aging, leaking engine were a constant headache and perpetual frayed cables. Now that my resto is soon to be on the road again, and the fact that I have 3 miles of dirt road between my house and the nearest pavement, YES, I'm interested in a good cover.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Literati914
post Feb 7 2021, 01:48 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'd like to see something like the soft rubber "boot" that fits over the head-light motor pivot. Would've made a lot more since for the clutch wheel than the headlight pivots IMHO.

+Quote Post
partwerks
post Feb 7 2021, 04:23 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 6,787

Back in the day when I had that WRX engine in it, and clutch cable was a bit too long, I made an adjustment bracket with a series of holes, so I could pick out the correct length, and also modified a terry clutch cable to adjust it with. I had a 1 1/2" square tube for a spacer, and faced up. I made a tin on top to keep dirt out. It made pushing the clutch a whole lot easier. I can't remember if there was room about to make the angle bent the opposite direction or not?
I never trimmed it to length, as it wouldn't have looked so tacky.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Feb 7 2021, 05:16 PM
Post #24

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

@bbrock - Next project, pave that road to keep your car clean. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Feb 7 2021, 06:17 PM
Post #25

914 Guru

Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Feb 7 2021, 04:16 PM) *

@bbrock - Next project, pave that road to keep your car clean. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif)

Ha ha! NEVER! Learned that lesson the hard way. That's a whole other story though, but hope to never live on a paved road again. Sorry Porsche, some things are more important. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 02:18 AM