Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel Lines, Reinstalling the Fuel Tank
ballsyfacts914
post Oct 31 2020, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,413
Region Association: Northern California

Hi All,

My fuel pump was vibrating which I could hear while driving. After some research, seemed like the issue was related to my fuel tank. Sure enough, after I pulled the tank, I found the screen to be pretty gummed up.

Decided I should replace the fuel lines in the front so I ordered a kit from Auto Atlanta. My problem is that I got cocky and thought I had all the lines figured out but now I am not sure what goes where.

Any straightforward videos or diagrams for reconnecting the fuel lines in a 1975. My main concern are the lines connecting to the expansion portion of the tank.

Thank you
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 31 2020, 06:38 PM
Post #2

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

Check with AA I’m sure they can tell you where the parts go. There are different sized inlet and outlet sizes on pump as well as filter.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 31 2020, 07:13 PM
Post #3

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

@ballsyfacts914
Any straightforward videos or diagrams for reconnecting the fuel lines in a 1975. My main concern are the lines connecting to the expansion portion of the tank.

Thank you
[/quote]

There is only one 4mm line from the expansion tank to the rubber gromett that goes into the tunnel with the delivery and return lines. The big hose off of the tank goes in back of the tank and dumps extra fuel on the ground. The line with the screen in the delivery line.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:33 PM