Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tune or Miata at the WCR
cali914
post Nov 2 2020, 11:17 PM
Post #1

cali914

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,934
Region Association: Northern California

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Nov 3 2020, 12:08 AM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Looks like fun!

+Quote Post
JRust
post Nov 3 2020, 12:42 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Tune if you can. Love to see it in person. Having said that worst case just come. It's a blast even if you snag a passenger seat in someone else's 914
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Nov 3 2020, 09:14 AM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241

@Cali914 - TUNE! I need to see that in person. More importantly, if for some reason tuning isn't possible or practical, you need to come no matter what.

I've seen you and your car at EASY but never had the pleasure of meeting and chatting.

Clearly, we're both into the same things, what with missing trunk sheet metal and silly engine swaps...

See you soon!
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Nov 3 2020, 02:06 PM
Post #5

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

Harry,

Do you have the laptop that you need to tune with it for the AEM?

Or is that all from your tuner? Let me know if I need to stop by and ruffle some feathers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Nov 3 2020, 02:29 PM
Post #6

Michael

Member No.: 9,712

If you can bring it-please do. But more importantly please come- even if you are in a Miata (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
cali914
post Nov 3 2020, 10:45 PM
Post #7

cali914

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 3 2020, 12:06 PM) *

Harry,

Or is that all from your tuner? Let me know if I need to stop by and ruffle some feathers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

my tuner is claiming we need to put 4hrs in and he does not have time this weekend to tune the AEM. I wish I knew how to tune. The AEM just uses windows 10. I have watched the tunning videos 20 times but dont feel like using this engine as my first experimental tune hahahahahahaha. Its going to kill me but I bringing the Miata just to be around all the fun.
+Quote Post
cali914
post Nov 3 2020, 11:08 PM
Post #8

cali914

QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 3 2020, 07:14 AM) *

@Cali914 - TUNE! I need to see that in person. More importantly, if for some reason tuning isn't possible or practical, you need to come no matter what.

I've seen you and your car at EASY but never had the pleasure of meeting and chatting.

Clearly, we're both into the same things, what with missing trunk sheet metal and silly engine swaps...

See you soon!

Im coming just feel a little out of place driving the miata but oh well. First 914 turbo v8 never ran. pulled it and made a stock v8 small block with Pantera ZF, third engine small block 427 bought from world snapped the camshaft at thunderhill. fourth engine Honda. This engine 2.4 liter gm ecotec really gm bought it from the swedes. I have always wanted a turbo so this is my entry into the turbo world. This engine is built for 700hp but I told the builder i wanted only 300 to the wheels. He laughed at me and said that was easy. He could get that with the stock K04 turbo. The Frunk cut out to make it easier on my back and lessen the crawling back and forth underneath the car. LOL...See you guys maybe Friday Saturday for sure. Hopefully on Friday i can sneak out of our professional development boring zoom meetings. I cant wait to see your car. Reminds me of the Ultima
+Quote Post
cali914
post Nov 3 2020, 11:24 PM
Post #9

cali914

runs but no 02 sensor hooked up yet and missing correct temp sending sender in base of thermostat.

https://youtu.be/AAjAE6Iak0k
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Nov 4 2020, 11:00 AM
Post #10

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172

QUOTE(cali914 @ Nov 3 2020, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 3 2020, 12:06 PM) *

Harry,

my tuner is claiming we need to put 4hrs in and he does not have time this weekend to tune the AEM. I wish I knew how to tune. The AEM just uses windows 10. I have watched the tunning videos 20 times but dont feel like using this engine as my first experimental tune hahahahahahaha. Its going to kill me but I bringing the Miata just to be around all the fun.

I've got experience tuning, but none with AEM. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

If you dont have the 02 sensor setup I say take the miata (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
horizontally-opposed
post Nov 4 2020, 11:07 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,058
Region Association: None

HC, I remember seeing you drive into Rennsport Reunion 6 in your 914 with the new engine like it was no thing, and my jaw dropping before I hit the horn and smiled wide. I knew what it took you to get there, and was just plain happy to see you on 68.

Hope you can drive your new setup to WCR, but remember: people > cars, every time.

Hope to see you Saturday, whatever you're driving.

pete
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 08:08 PM