Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tune or Miata at the WCR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cali914
Click to view attachment
Mueller
Looks like fun!

JRust
Tune if you can. Love to see it in person. Having said that worst case just come. It's a blast even if you snag a passenger seat in someone else's 914
tygaboy
@Cali914 - TUNE! I need to see that in person. More importantly, if for some reason tuning isn't possible or practical, you need to come no matter what.

I've seen you and your car at EASY but never had the pleasure of meeting and chatting.

Clearly, we're both into the same things, what with missing trunk sheet metal and silly engine swaps...

See you soon!
Andyrew
Harry,

Do you have the laptop that you need to tune with it for the AEM?

Or is that all from your tuner? Let me know if I need to stop by and ruffle some feathers smile.gif
Cairo94507
If you can bring it-please do. But more importantly please come- even if you are in a Miata happy11.gif beerchug.gif
cali914
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 3 2020, 12:06 PM) *

Harry,

Or is that all from your tuner? Let me know if I need to stop by and ruffle some feathers smile.gif

my tuner is claiming we need to put 4hrs in and he does not have time this weekend to tune the AEM. I wish I knew how to tune. The AEM just uses windows 10. I have watched the tunning videos 20 times but dont feel like using this engine as my first experimental tune hahahahahahaha. Its going to kill me but I bringing the Miata just to be around all the fun.
cali914
QUOTE(tygaboy @ Nov 3 2020, 07:14 AM) *

@Cali914 - TUNE! I need to see that in person. More importantly, if for some reason tuning isn't possible or practical, you need to come no matter what.

I've seen you and your car at EASY but never had the pleasure of meeting and chatting.

Clearly, we're both into the same things, what with missing trunk sheet metal and silly engine swaps...

See you soon!

Im coming just feel a little out of place driving the miata but oh well. First 914 turbo v8 never ran. pulled it and made a stock v8 small block with Pantera ZF, third engine small block 427 bought from world snapped the camshaft at thunderhill. fourth engine Honda. This engine 2.4 liter gm ecotec really gm bought it from the swedes. I have always wanted a turbo so this is my entry into the turbo world. This engine is built for 700hp but I told the builder i wanted only 300 to the wheels. He laughed at me and said that was easy. He could get that with the stock K04 turbo. The Frunk cut out to make it easier on my back and lessen the crawling back and forth underneath the car. LOL...See you guys maybe Friday Saturday for sure. Hopefully on Friday i can sneak out of our professional development boring zoom meetings. I cant wait to see your car. Reminds me of the Ultima
cali914
runs but no 02 sensor hooked up yet and missing correct temp sending sender in base of thermostat.

https://youtu.be/AAjAE6Iak0k
Andyrew
QUOTE(cali914 @ Nov 3 2020, 08:45 PM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Nov 3 2020, 12:06 PM) *

Harry,

my tuner is claiming we need to put 4hrs in and he does not have time this weekend to tune the AEM. I wish I knew how to tune. The AEM just uses windows 10. I have watched the tunning videos 20 times but dont feel like using this engine as my first experimental tune hahahahahahaha. Its going to kill me but I bringing the Miata just to be around all the fun.

I've got experience tuning, but none with AEM. sad.gif

If you dont have the 02 sensor setup I say take the miata sad.gif
horizontally-opposed
HC, I remember seeing you drive into Rennsport Reunion 6 in your 914 with the new engine like it was no thing, and my jaw dropping before I hit the horn and smiled wide. I knew what it took you to get there, and was just plain happy to see you on 68.

Hope you can drive your new setup to WCR, but remember: people > cars, every time.

Hope to see you Saturday, whatever you're driving.

pete
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.