Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> My 1971 porsche 914-4
914nb
post Nov 15 2020, 08:33 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,569
Region Association: England

Good afternoon all,

I quite recently bought my first 914 from Mark (mepstein) and shipped it over to the uk. Tomorrow I finally take delivery of the car after what feels like forever, problems with hauliers and the shipping company all employing g sub contractors meant everything was far more difficult than it should have been also costing me extra money covering the costs of their mistakes.

Yesterday I received this picture of the car taken straight after the container doors were opened.

Attached Image

Hopefully the car is as described and as mechanically sound as it was when parked- iv no doubt mark told me about all the issues he was aware off but we all know that cars have a habit of hiding surprises for us to uncover at some point.

My first concern is to get the car running so I can assess what I have before moving on to address the hell hole rust issues plus any other areas that come to light.

Any advice on getting the car started is most welcome.

Nathan.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 10:26 AM