Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Central Coast Tranny Shop, 2nd gear synchro shot
Bee Jay
post Jul 15 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,964

I live in Lompoc, Ca. That's in Santa Barbara County on the Central Coast of Cali. I just dropped my engine (see Wap, wap, wap) to reseal my heads. While it's out, I would like to get my tranny fixed. I already had the reverse/first synchro's done, but I can't get into second unless I hold my head just right. Cap'n, do you do tranny work? Can you or anyone recommend anyone locally. I am going to Pomona Sunday. What is a fair price for this work? Thanks in advance.
Bee Jay
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Allan
post Jul 15 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

I think the Crusty one does in fact do tranny work.

If ya ask reeeeaaally nice. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
fuch toy
post Jul 15 2005, 04:45 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

The Crusty One can be reached at....805-925-1993

I assume you have checked the slide clamp under the boot and replaced bushings FIRST?

+Quote Post
markb
post Jul 15 2005, 06:47 PM
Post #4

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

I just pointed this out to the Cap'n. He's off to the bank to visit money (glad somebody has some to visit). He'll get back to you when he get's back.
+Quote Post
Bee Jay
post Jul 16 2005, 07:17 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 3,964

Hi Mark. Thanks.
Yep. New bushings and shift rod adjusted plenty. Second is shot. Might as well get it fixed while the engine is out. Hopefully I can have the car running for the Ventura meet Sept. 11. I still hope to do the six conversion soon, so the tranny has got to be right.
Bee Jay
+Quote Post
markb
post Jul 16 2005, 08:03 AM
Post #6

914less :(

Member No.: 180

You might give John a call at the shop, I know he knows how (he just did a sideshifter conversion & gear replacement on one of mine). Whether he has time to do it is another matter.
I'll see you at GAF, the Blue car should have new paint by then (goes into the body shop on monday) and we'll have the SC in the Concours. Marcie has been polishing for weeks to get ready for tomorrow, the GAF in Sept will intitiate another round of cleaning/polishing.
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Jul 16 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #7

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246

QUOTE (Bee Jay @ Jul 15 2005, 02:05 PM)
I live in Lompoc, Ca. That's in Santa Barbara County on the Central Coast of Cali. I just dropped my engine (see Wap, wap, wap) to reseal my heads. While it's out, I would like to get my tranny fixed. I already had the reverse/first synchro's done, but I can't get into second unless I hold my head just right. Cap'n, do you do tranny work? Can you or anyone recommend anyone locally. I am going to Pomona Sunday. What is a fair price for this work? Thanks in advance.
Bee Jay

AFIK, Cali doesn't have a central coast, unless you count a riverbank. It's way the hell up in the Andes. Call me, 805 925 1993. I'm in California. I can fix your second gear. The Cap'n
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 11:49 AM