Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Central Coast Tranny Shop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bee Jay
I live in Lompoc, Ca. That's in Santa Barbara County on the Central Coast of Cali. I just dropped my engine (see Wap, wap, wap) to reseal my heads. While it's out, I would like to get my tranny fixed. I already had the reverse/first synchro's done, but I can't get into second unless I hold my head just right. Cap'n, do you do tranny work? Can you or anyone recommend anyone locally. I am going to Pomona Sunday. What is a fair price for this work? Thanks in advance.
Bee Jay
Allan
I think the Crusty one does in fact do tranny work.

If ya ask reeeeaaally nice. wink.gif
fuch toy
The Crusty One can be reached at....805-925-1993

I assume you have checked the slide clamp under the boot and replaced bushings FIRST?

markb
I just pointed this out to the Cap'n. He's off to the bank to visit money (glad somebody has some to visit). He'll get back to you when he get's back.
Bee Jay
Hi Mark. Thanks.
Yep. New bushings and shift rod adjusted plenty. Second is shot. Might as well get it fixed while the engine is out. Hopefully I can have the car running for the Ventura meet Sept. 11. I still hope to do the six conversion soon, so the tranny has got to be right.
Bee Jay
markb
You might give John a call at the shop, I know he knows how (he just did a sideshifter conversion & gear replacement on one of mine). Whether he has time to do it is another matter.
I'll see you at GAF, the Blue car should have new paint by then (goes into the body shop on monday) and we'll have the SC in the Concours. Marcie has been polishing for weeks to get ready for tomorrow, the GAF in Sept will intitiate another round of cleaning/polishing.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (Bee Jay @ Jul 15 2005, 02:05 PM)
I live in Lompoc, Ca. That's in Santa Barbara County on the Central Coast of Cali. I just dropped my engine (see Wap, wap, wap) to reseal my heads. While it's out, I would like to get my tranny fixed. I already had the reverse/first synchro's done, but I can't get into second unless I hold my head just right. Cap'n, do you do tranny work? Can you or anyone recommend anyone locally. I am going to Pomona Sunday. What is a fair price for this work? Thanks in advance.
Bee Jay

AFIK, Cali doesn't have a central coast, unless you count a riverbank. It's way the hell up in the Andes. Call me, 805 925 1993. I'm in California. I can fix your second gear. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.