Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Picture editor/resizer, trying to replace my avatar
MM1
post Nov 22 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #1

914 obsession continues

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,105
Region Association: Southern California

I am having trouble replacing my avatar picture with one uploaded from my computer. I resized it with freeware (see below) . . .but it reverts to my old pic . . .or I have to completely remove any pic. I haven't tried dropbox or any url because it's more of a pita than uploading from my pc. It's less than 5kb and measures 124 x 63 pixels (so smaller than 125 x 125 px and 125kb requirements). Any suggestions?

btw - no affiliation here, but if you don't pay for Adobe Bridge, Photoshop etc. (I don't) then this might help. I always avoid freeware and downloads on my home pc, except in the following case: some of us in the automotive design department use at work (major Japanese company) a free "graphic viewer" that does much more - like resizing and batch processing folders of many heavy pictures/textures. It's called, "Irfanview." The fact that we often use this program instead of Adobe Bridge, Photoshop etc ($$$$ at a large company, and which we already have), and that our draconian IT department allows us to download/use it speaks volumes. I just googled "Irfanview" and went to their website (and no other) to download using their links.

As always, you assume all risk in the internet, I just wanted to share that it has been working safely and well for me.

Now if I could only load this tiny pic to my avatar . . .

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 12:55 AM