Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Picture editor/resizer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MM1
I am having trouble replacing my avatar picture with one uploaded from my computer. I resized it with freeware (see below) . . .but it reverts to my old pic . . .or I have to completely remove any pic. I haven't tried dropbox or any url because it's more of a pita than uploading from my pc. It's less than 5kb and measures 124 x 63 pixels (so smaller than 125 x 125 px and 125kb requirements). Any suggestions?

btw - no affiliation here, but if you don't pay for Adobe Bridge, Photoshop etc. (I don't) then this might help. I always avoid freeware and downloads on my home pc, except in the following case: some of us in the automotive design department use at work (major Japanese company) a free "graphic viewer" that does much more - like resizing and batch processing folders of many heavy pictures/textures. It's called, "Irfanview." The fact that we often use this program instead of Adobe Bridge, Photoshop etc ($$$$ at a large company, and which we already have), and that our draconian IT department allows us to download/use it speaks volumes. I just googled "Irfanview" and went to their website (and no other) to download using their links.

As always, you assume all risk in the internet, I just wanted to share that it has been working safely and well for me.

Now if I could only load this tiny pic to my avatar . . .

Jamie
As a retired photographer and imaging teacher I have been using and recommending Irfanview for many years! It can be very user friendly for editing, especially for moderate image manipulations, and neophyte image editing users have better visual comparisons before and after, and the free price is right!
MM1
QUOTE(Jamie @ Nov 22 2020, 01:43 PM) *

As a retired photographer and imaging teacher I have been using and recommending Irfanview for many years! It can be very user friendly for editing, especially for moderate image manipulations, and neophyte image editing users have better visual comparisons before and after, and the free price is right!

biggrin.gif
MM1
Figured it out - .jpg not being accepted (at least for me today) . . . .gif and .jpeg work fine.

headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.