Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reproduction Windshield Washer Bottle Labels, $9/ea shipped anywhere in the world
double-a
post Nov 23 2020, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

the sticker label on my windshield washer bottle was wrinkly and creased, so i searched for a faithful reproduction. finding nothing that matched the factory look exactly, and being an old-school graphic designer, i decided to recreate the label myself.

these labels were reproduced by scanning and vectorizing a good-condition factory label. after some digital cleanup, they were laser-printed on silver polyester self-adhesive label stock and trimmed to the exact dimensions of the original.

the appearance of these reproductions is extremely close to the factory part, though perhaps very slightly cooler in color. the color of the typography was difficult to reproduce — 40-year-old labels are all faded to various degrees — but the color is really close. label thickness is slightly less than factory, so care must be taken when applying.

$9/ea shipped, to anywhere in the world

aaron gillihan
aaron.gillihan@gmail.com
360-771-4633

if paying via paypal "friend/family," please include your address.

Attached Image

Attached Image

reproduction label applied to a washer bottle

Attached Image

some installation tips:
  • remove washer bottle for easier label application
  • to remove your old label, apply heat from a hair dryer or heat gun (don't get too close)
  • when working near the fuel tank, please BE CAREFUL
  • clean the area around the label thoroughly to eliminate debris that could get under the new label
  • apply the new label by sticking one end first, then smoothing as you go with finger or stiff paper to help eliminate air bubbles
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
second wind
post Nov 24 2020, 12:34 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 12,543
Region Association: Southern California

OK...look even better that the first batch....I will take one....please hold pending payment.....thank you very much.
gg
+Quote Post
double-a
post Nov 24 2020, 05:31 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 23 2020, 10:34 PM) *

OK...look even better that the first batch....I will take one....please hold pending payment.....thank you very much.
gg

no problem
+Quote Post
oakpark
post Nov 28 2020, 09:00 PM
Post #4

Oak Park 914

Member No.: 3,236
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(double-a @ Nov 23 2020, 10:19 AM) *

the sticker label on my windshield washer bottle was wrinkly and creased, so i searched for a faithful reproduction. finding nothing that matched the factory look exactly, and being an old-school graphic designer, i decided to recreate the label myself.

these labels were reproduced by scanning and vectorizing a good-condition factory label. after some digital cleanup, they were laser-printed on silver polyester self-adhesive label stock and trimmed to the exact dimensions of the original.

the appearance of these reproductions is extremely close to the factory part, though perhaps very slightly cooler in color. the color of the typography was difficult to reproduce — 40-year-old labels are all faded to various degrees — but the color is really close. label thickness is slightly less than factory, so care must be taken when applying.

aaron gillihan
aaron.gillihan@gmail.com
360-771-4633

I'm in. I'll log onto Paypal.

some installation tips:
  • to remove your old label, apply heat from a hair dryer or heat gun (don't get too close)
  • clean the area around the label thoroughly to eliminate debris that could get under the new label
  • apply the new label by sticking one end first, then smoothing as you go with finger or stiff paper to help eliminate air bubbles
+Quote Post
oakpark
post Dec 25 2020, 10:36 PM
Post #5

Oak Park 914

Member No.: 3,236
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(oakpark @ Nov 28 2020, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(double-a @ Nov 23 2020, 10:19 AM) *

aaron gillihan
aaron.gillihan@gmail.com
360-771-4633

I'm in. I'll log onto Paypal.

some installation tips:

Aaron, did you get a paypal from me? I'd like to have the sticker.
+Quote Post
double-a
post Dec 25 2020, 11:08 PM
Post #6

@oakpark i will check paypal and pm you
+Quote Post
cary
post Feb 9 2021, 09:46 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608

Paypal sent for 6 washer bottle decals.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:51 AM