Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reproduction Windshield Washer Bottle Labels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
double-a
the sticker label on my windshield washer bottle was wrinkly and creased, so i searched for a faithful reproduction. finding nothing that matched the factory look exactly, and being an old-school graphic designer, i decided to recreate the label myself.

these labels were reproduced by scanning and vectorizing a good-condition factory label. after some digital cleanup, they were laser-printed on silver polyester self-adhesive label stock and trimmed to the exact dimensions of the original.

the appearance of these reproductions is extremely close to the factory part, though perhaps very slightly cooler in color. the color of the typography was difficult to reproduce — 40-year-old labels are all faded to various degrees — but the color is really close. label thickness is slightly less than factory, so care must be taken when applying.

$9/ea shipped, to anywhere in the world

aaron gillihan
aaron.gillihan@gmail.com
360-771-4633

if paying via paypal "friend/family," please include your address.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

reproduction label applied to a washer bottle

Click to view attachment

some installation tips:
  • remove washer bottle for easier label application
  • to remove your old label, apply heat from a hair dryer or heat gun (don't get too close)
  • when working near the fuel tank, please BE CAREFUL
  • clean the area around the label thoroughly to eliminate debris that could get under the new label
  • apply the new label by sticking one end first, then smoothing as you go with finger or stiff paper to help eliminate air bubbles
second wind
OK...look even better that the first batch....I will take one....please hold pending payment.....thank you very much.
gg
double-a
QUOTE(second wind @ Nov 23 2020, 10:34 PM) *

OK...look even better that the first batch....I will take one....please hold pending payment.....thank you very much.
gg

no problem
oakpark
QUOTE(double-a @ Nov 23 2020, 10:19 AM) *

the sticker label on my windshield washer bottle was wrinkly and creased, so i searched for a faithful reproduction. finding nothing that matched the factory look exactly, and being an old-school graphic designer, i decided to recreate the label myself.

these labels were reproduced by scanning and vectorizing a good-condition factory label. after some digital cleanup, they were laser-printed on silver polyester self-adhesive label stock and trimmed to the exact dimensions of the original.

the appearance of these reproductions is extremely close to the factory part, though perhaps very slightly cooler in color. the color of the typography was difficult to reproduce — 40-year-old labels are all faded to various degrees — but the color is really close. label thickness is slightly less than factory, so care must be taken when applying.

aaron gillihan
aaron.gillihan@gmail.com
360-771-4633

I'm in. I'll log onto Paypal.

some installation tips:
  • to remove your old label, apply heat from a hair dryer or heat gun (don't get too close)
  • clean the area around the label thoroughly to eliminate debris that could get under the new label
  • apply the new label by sticking one end first, then smoothing as you go with finger or stiff paper to help eliminate air bubbles
oakpark
QUOTE(oakpark @ Nov 28 2020, 07:00 PM) *

QUOTE(double-a @ Nov 23 2020, 10:19 AM) *

aaron gillihan
aaron.gillihan@gmail.com
360-771-4633

I'm in. I'll log onto Paypal.

some installation tips:

Aaron, did you get a paypal from me? I'd like to have the sticker.
double-a
@oakpark i will check paypal and pm you
cary
Paypal sent for 6 washer bottle decals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.