Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA yes or no?
URY914
post Jul 21 2003, 08:19 PM
Post #21

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

I gotta friend that has a modified circle track that will paint it for me. I tried to discribe autox to him and he thought I was out of my mind.

"One car at a time???"

Paul
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 22 2003, 12:16 AM
Post #22

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

PCA membership comes down to two things: 1) does your region offer things that you like to do? and 2) what do you bring to the table?

I jumped into my local region, got involved, and although most of the folks were "good time" oriented vs racers, I met some really cool folks, heard some really great stories, and learned a ton of good things. I like mixing it up with everyone because its about the people as much as the cars. I'm very active in the AX circles now.

Like Brad, go to some events before you join, but think about what you contribute as well. Clubs die when volunteers die out- for good or bad.

PCA was originally started by 356 enthusiasts who banded together to keep their cars on the road. Sound familiar??
+Quote Post
Don Wohlfarth
post Jul 22 2003, 07:11 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 117

Tim, I'll be running with MetroNY at Summit Point on the 28-29. I think there will be a couple other moded 914's as well.
+Quote Post
MJHanna
post Jul 22 2003, 07:42 AM
Post #24

Does this 911 make my butt look big?

Member No.: 185

You get what you want out of PCA. Years ago when I moved to New Mexico. I ask when the driving / autocross events were held. I was told, “we don’t do that here”. If you hold an event nobody will show up. I said, well I got this thing about driving and they said well then YOU put on an autocross and we will see. Having NEVER set up a course I was very reluctant but the urge was too great. SO I did, I called the first on the “Weather be Damned Autocross”, I said if the weather was lousy we were still running even if I ran in the truck. Well guess what people showed UP!!!!! And we had another event and another. Together with Larry Pitsley we started DIE SERIES (for yearly awards) that they are still running in that Region. IF you don’t like what they don’t do change it.
PCA member for 20 years
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:46 PM