Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cv axles, -how much cv joint play is acceptable?
ThePaintedMan
post Dec 11 2020, 08:42 AM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,527
Region Association: South East States

Ugh... that's news to me. And ECS Tuning is the WORST.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bbrock
post Dec 11 2020, 08:43 AM
Post #42

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,845
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

True, but they do seem able to understand money. You'd think having a part that is losing money because of returns and eating shipping costs would be something they would like to avoid. There was a time when Porsche actually cared about the reputation of their brand but those days are long gone.

+1 on the inflated price of the axle assemblies. It's hard to imagine a justification for it. They can still retail the joints for ~$150. There's only a splined rod, a couple cone washers and circlips and a little grease left for a full assembly. BTW, they also jacked the price on the misrepresented CV joints. When I first posted about them being listed as available, Sunset listed them at $73.64. A couple months later I went to order and found them at $128.

The next set will come from Eric. Like you said, he cares so you know you'll get the right parts.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:30 PM