Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> E-brake light & turn signal light
JamesJ
post Dec 8 2020, 10:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,202
Region Association: Northern California

Hello All,

'74 with early gauges. Key in the off position, emergency brake on, turn signal in the neutral position(off), then turn the key to the first on position, the e-brake light flashes as does the turn signal indicator...both lights go out as they should when car is started. Is the e-brake light supposed to flash or light up solid? Not sure why the turn signal flashes with the e-brake light. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  IMG_5091.MOV ( 3.58mb ) Number of downloads: 23
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
terryth
post Dec 8 2020, 10:54 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 15,929
Region Association: Upper MidWest

The big light on top for the e brake it supposed to flash any time the emergency brake lever is pulled to warn you that the brake is on. I am pretty sure it flashes whether the car is running or not as long as the ignition is on and will only go out of the emergency brake lever is released down and it pushed the switch button in. I never paid attention of the small green turn signal lights in the center gauge do anything, their view is completely blocked by the grant steering wheel on my 74. I can telll the turn signals are on because the voltage gauge in the center console jumps with the signals

QUOTE(JamesJ @ Dec 8 2020, 11:33 PM) *

Hello All,

'74 with early gauges. Key in the off position, emergency brake on, turn signal in the neutral position(off), then turn the key to the first on position, the e-brake light flashes as does the turn signal indicator...both lights go out as they should when car is started. Is the e-brake light supposed to flash or light up solid? Not sure why the turn signal flashes with the e-brake light. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
JamesJ
post Dec 8 2020, 11:02 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 24,202
Region Association: Northern California

That answers the e-brake light question, so we'll see if someone can answer the other part. Appreciate it, Terry.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
barefoot
post Dec 9 2020, 07:44 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,673
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(JamesJ @ Dec 9 2020, 12:02 AM) *

That answers the e-brake light question, so we'll see if someone can answer the other part. Appreciate it, Terry.

Yes, on my 76 the turn signal indicator lamp flashes along with the brake indicator lamp if the emergency brake lever isn't touching the switch.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 06:54 PM