Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: E-brake light & turn signal light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JamesJ
Hello All,

'74 with early gauges. Key in the off position, emergency brake on, turn signal in the neutral position(off), then turn the key to the first on position, the e-brake light flashes as does the turn signal indicator...both lights go out as they should when car is started. Is the e-brake light supposed to flash or light up solid? Not sure why the turn signal flashes with the e-brake light. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
terryth
The big light on top for the e brake it supposed to flash any time the emergency brake lever is pulled to warn you that the brake is on. I am pretty sure it flashes whether the car is running or not as long as the ignition is on and will only go out of the emergency brake lever is released down and it pushed the switch button in. I never paid attention of the small green turn signal lights in the center gauge do anything, their view is completely blocked by the grant steering wheel on my 74. I can telll the turn signals are on because the voltage gauge in the center console jumps with the signals

QUOTE(JamesJ @ Dec 8 2020, 11:33 PM) *

Hello All,

'74 with early gauges. Key in the off position, emergency brake on, turn signal in the neutral position(off), then turn the key to the first on position, the e-brake light flashes as does the turn signal indicator...both lights go out as they should when car is started. Is the e-brake light supposed to flash or light up solid? Not sure why the turn signal flashes with the e-brake light. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
JamesJ
That answers the e-brake light question, so we'll see if someone can answer the other part. Appreciate it, Terry.
barefoot
QUOTE(JamesJ @ Dec 9 2020, 12:02 AM) *

That answers the e-brake light question, so we'll see if someone can answer the other part. Appreciate it, Terry.

Yes, on my 76 the turn signal indicator lamp flashes along with the brake indicator lamp if the emergency brake lever isn't touching the switch.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.