Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Name this part, Reassembled trans with part left over
tmh75
post Jul 16 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,506

I'm in the (long and drawn out) process of rebuilding my 1.7 to a 2056. I've been waiting on parts forever and have lost lots of motivation. Now I'm finally getting things back together.

Transmission: Took apart to replace syncros, probably 3 months ago. Just got it back together today. One problem, theres a small wavey washer under the tranny when I'm done. Could be from anything, but was under tranny

Any ideas??

Also, Put compression bolt (big one under speedo drive gear) back on with impact wrench, was unable to use a torque wrench. I'm sure that it is above 80 foot lbs. Anyone heard of any probs with this being Over torque?

Thanks in advance

Todd

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jul 16 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

That goes under your distributor drive gear. It isnt from your tranny.

B
+Quote Post
tmh75
post Jul 16 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,506

awesome!!!

That is agreat relief, although, now I'm thinking "I wonder how many other little parts may have slipped out of my sight onto the floor.

Thanks again.

Todd
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Jul 17 2005, 12:02 PM
Post #4

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

No problem. I'm full of worthless information (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

The closest thing it could have been tranny wise: the flat washer under the castelated nut for the input shaft, but that washer doesnt have the cutouts for oil sling.

B
+Quote Post
jhadler
post Jul 18 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #5

Long term tinkerer...

Member No.: 529

Yup, Brad was spot on. As soon as I saw that little washer I said "YOU!!! You @#$#%!!!"....

Man, that little washer was my nemsis last year. Was getting the motor ready for an Electromtive ignition and electric fan conversion. Was almost there, and just needed to pul the dizz and cap off the hole. The oiling washer stuck to the distributor until it was -almost- out of the motor... plink.. plunk... cluck... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

LIttle bugger dropped down under the cam gear, and nothing I did would get it out of there. Had the motor on the engine stand and was spinning it over, shaking it, thwacking it with a big rubber mallet. Nothing. It was in there good.

So... 12 months later, and nearly a full rebuild (once you're in there right.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif) ), I'm almost back to where I was...

-Josh2
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 12:56 PM