Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name this part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tmh75
I'm in the (long and drawn out) process of rebuilding my 1.7 to a 2056. I've been waiting on parts forever and have lost lots of motivation. Now I'm finally getting things back together.

Transmission: Took apart to replace syncros, probably 3 months ago. Just got it back together today. One problem, theres a small wavey washer under the tranny when I'm done. Could be from anything, but was under tranny

Any ideas??

Also, Put compression bolt (big one under speedo drive gear) back on with impact wrench, was unable to use a torque wrench. I'm sure that it is above 80 foot lbs. Anyone heard of any probs with this being Over torque?

Thanks in advance

Todd
Brad Roberts
That goes under your distributor drive gear. It isnt from your tranny.

B
tmh75
awesome!!!

That is agreat relief, although, now I'm thinking "I wonder how many other little parts may have slipped out of my sight onto the floor.

Thanks again.

Todd
Brad Roberts
No problem. I'm full of worthless information ohmy.gif

The closest thing it could have been tranny wise: the flat washer under the castelated nut for the input shaft, but that washer doesnt have the cutouts for oil sling.

B
jhadler
Yup, Brad was spot on. As soon as I saw that little washer I said "YOU!!! You @#$#%!!!"....

Man, that little washer was my nemsis last year. Was getting the motor ready for an Electromtive ignition and electric fan conversion. Was almost there, and just needed to pul the dizz and cap off the hole. The oiling washer stuck to the distributor until it was -almost- out of the motor... plink.. plunk... cluck... headbang.gif

LIttle bugger dropped down under the cam gear, and nothing I did would get it out of there. Had the motor on the engine stand and was spinning it over, shaking it, thwacking it with a big rubber mallet. Nothing. It was in there good.

So... 12 months later, and nearly a full rebuild (once you're in there right.... wacko.gif ), I'm almost back to where I was...

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.