Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Speaking of Transmission Repair, Help Identify The Mystery Tool
Superhawk996
post Dec 27 2020, 10:02 AM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,428
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I bought a tool from another member that was represented as a P225 equivalent engagement tooth removal tool. Unfortunately it is not an equivalent.

The width of the land that is supposed to mate in the circlip groove of the engagment teeth is too wide. Internal diameter is appropriate and the 2nd part that would be used to press the gear body is the right diamater. It's just that the land width is too wide to be used on 901 gear sets.

Tool is marked BTU P284S. Doesn't really show any signs of prior use. Guess I know know why it was unused. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

Google not turning up any real info. Wondering if this might be a tool for 915 1st gear but honestly I've never worked on a 915 trans so I have no point of reference about what is different with a 915 1st gear. I only know it is different.

Anyway, I could modify the tool on my mill to work but honestly, it just pisses me off to have to modify a tool when I thought I was buying a P225 equivalent tool and the time it will take to set up and modify is more lost time & effort than just buying a new P225 tool.

Anyone know what the tool is? Literally looks just like a P225 too. @Dr Evil
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:33 PM