Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT Looking for cheap rims for 1998 boxster, Looking for a set of rims for snow tires
buck toenges
post Dec 29 2020, 09:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,388
Region Association: None

My kid wants snow tires for his 1998 boxster. I am looking for cheap rims for the car. Any ideas? After market or used? I think I need to get 17" rims. What wheel size do I need to use if I am looking for used Porsche rims? What size and offset do I need if I am looking for aftermarket?
Looking through facebook marketplace I found a set of 1984 17" 928 rims for 90 bucks but I don't know if they would fit a 98 boxster.

Thanks,
Buck
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Dec 29 2020, 10:41 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104
Region Association: None

Craig's list. Used oem are cheap.
+Quote Post
Racer
post Dec 29 2020, 11:39 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 1,073
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Base Boxster used 16" wheels. 17" were optional on the early ones. The "S" needed 17's to clear its larger brake calipers up front (and well, marketing.. so 18s are common too)

5x130 bolt pattern. Et will be in the 45-50 range...

Wheelenhancements website used to be very helpful with widths and offsets.. but I think they've revamped it.

Snow wheels were often a "-1".. ie, if you had 17"s for street tires, you'd drop down to 16"s for snows.

iirc, the base 16"s wwre 6" front, 7" rear Some guys run them on their 914 5bolt conversion cars.

You could also just get another set of stock 17" wheels and run snows. The car will do fine in the snow until it gets so deep that it highsides on 5-6" of hard packed snow.

Look at, or pull off, the current wheel to judge offset/size info.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 12:56 PM