Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT Looking for cheap rims for 1998 boxster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
My kid wants snow tires for his 1998 boxster. I am looking for cheap rims for the car. Any ideas? After market or used? I think I need to get 17" rims. What wheel size do I need to use if I am looking for used Porsche rims? What size and offset do I need if I am looking for aftermarket?
Looking through facebook marketplace I found a set of 1984 17" 928 rims for 90 bucks but I don't know if they would fit a 98 boxster.

Thanks,
Buck
Krieger
Craig's list. Used oem are cheap.
Racer
Base Boxster used 16" wheels. 17" were optional on the early ones. The "S" needed 17's to clear its larger brake calipers up front (and well, marketing.. so 18s are common too)

5x130 bolt pattern. Et will be in the 45-50 range...

Wheelenhancements website used to be very helpful with widths and offsets.. but I think they've revamped it.

Snow wheels were often a "-1".. ie, if you had 17"s for street tires, you'd drop down to 16"s for snows.

iirc, the base 16"s wwre 6" front, 7" rear Some guys run them on their 914 5bolt conversion cars.

You could also just get another set of stock 17" wheels and run snows. The car will do fine in the snow until it gets so deep that it highsides on 5-6" of hard packed snow.

Look at, or pull off, the current wheel to judge offset/size info.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.