Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Yet another headlight question
Rufus
post Dec 30 2020, 09:16 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,840
Region Association: None

I hope everyone’s enjoying a happy, safe and healthy Holiday Season during this difficult time.

I’m investigating better headlight illumination options with hopes of going LED. Prior to disconnecting the battery, both headlights operated normally, but not very brightly by current standards. I raised both headlights to their fully ‘up’ positions by turning the manual knobs.

After noting the knobs cannot “reverse” to lower the headlights, what’s the correct way to get them to resume normal operation? Would it be correct to pull out the dash knob to the headlight ‘on’ position and reconnect the battery? ... and then pushing the dash knob in will lower the buckets and turn the headlights ‘off’ ?

Thanks,
Bob
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RiqueMar
post Dec 30 2020, 10:19 PM
Post #2

Enrique Allen Mar

Member No.: 9,478
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Rufus @ Dec 30 2020, 07:16 PM) *

I hope everyone’s enjoying a happy, safe and healthy Holiday Season during this difficult time.

I’m investigating better headlight illumination options with hopes of going LED. Prior to disconnecting the battery, both headlights operated normally, but not very brightly by current standards. I raised both headlights to their fully ‘up’ positions by turning the manual knobs.

After noting the knobs cannot “reverse” to lower the headlights, what’s the correct way to get them to resume normal operation? Would it be correct to pull out the dash knob to the headlight ‘on’ position and reconnect the battery? ... and then pushing the dash knob in will lower the buckets and turn the headlights ‘off’ ?

Thanks,
Bob

If I understand your problem correctly, yes, you can power the switch to lower them. Additionally, they don't necessarily reverse, however if you keep turning the knobs on the motor, they will eventually move down to their position in the headlight buckets. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Dec 30 2020, 11:06 PM
Post #3

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Turn the knobs forward to raise, and forward to lower. Turning them backwards just unscrews them from the motor.

--DD
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Dec 30 2020, 11:25 PM
Post #4

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Yea, the motor only turns in one direction to raise and lower.
+Quote Post
Rufus
post Dec 30 2020, 11:52 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 5,840
Region Association: None

Excellent! Thanks guys
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 05:10 PM