Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yet another headlight question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rufus
I hope everyone’s enjoying a happy, safe and healthy Holiday Season during this difficult time.

I’m investigating better headlight illumination options with hopes of going LED. Prior to disconnecting the battery, both headlights operated normally, but not very brightly by current standards. I raised both headlights to their fully ‘up’ positions by turning the manual knobs.

After noting the knobs cannot “reverse” to lower the headlights, what’s the correct way to get them to resume normal operation? Would it be correct to pull out the dash knob to the headlight ‘on’ position and reconnect the battery? ... and then pushing the dash knob in will lower the buckets and turn the headlights ‘off’ ?

Thanks,
Bob
RiqueMar
QUOTE(Rufus @ Dec 30 2020, 07:16 PM) *

I hope everyone’s enjoying a happy, safe and healthy Holiday Season during this difficult time.

I’m investigating better headlight illumination options with hopes of going LED. Prior to disconnecting the battery, both headlights operated normally, but not very brightly by current standards. I raised both headlights to their fully ‘up’ positions by turning the manual knobs.

After noting the knobs cannot “reverse” to lower the headlights, what’s the correct way to get them to resume normal operation? Would it be correct to pull out the dash knob to the headlight ‘on’ position and reconnect the battery? ... and then pushing the dash knob in will lower the buckets and turn the headlights ‘off’ ?

Thanks,
Bob

If I understand your problem correctly, yes, you can power the switch to lower them. Additionally, they don't necessarily reverse, however if you keep turning the knobs on the motor, they will eventually move down to their position in the headlight buckets. bye1.gif
Dave_Darling
Turn the knobs forward to raise, and forward to lower. Turning them backwards just unscrews them from the motor.

--DD
mepstein
Yea, the motor only turns in one direction to raise and lower.
Rufus
Excellent! Thanks guys
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.