Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs
 
914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!
 
Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
 

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another DDoS attack on the site, Just in time for the new year
SirAndy
post Jan 2 2021, 12:04 PM
Post #1


Resident German
*************************

Group: Admin
Posts: 42,530
Joined: 21-January 03
From: Oakland, Kalifornia
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California



We were the target of yet another DDoS attack over the past few days.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

The attacker(s) managed to bring the server down by draining it of all resources. I've been working with our hosting company on a more permanent solution since this has become a somewhat frequent occurrence.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)


Please let me know if there are any problems with the site, errors or other things not working properly.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SirAndy   Another DDoS attack on the site   Jan 2 2021, 12:04 PM
bkrantz   I still have a fantasy that someday we can send a ...   Feb 15 2026, 08:07 PM
wonkipop   I still have a fantasy that someday we can send a...   Feb 16 2026, 04:52 AM
TRP   I'm still new here, what the theory behind why...   Feb 15 2026, 08:32 PM
wonkipop   I'm still new here, what the theory behind wh...   Feb 16 2026, 04:49 AM
Artfrombama   I'm still new here, what the theory behind w...   Feb 16 2026, 08:50 AM
930cabman   I'm still new here, what the theory behind wh...   Feb 17 2026, 02:49 PM
sixnotfour   I'm still new here, what the theory behind w...   Feb 17 2026, 03:19 PM
GregAmy   I think they figured it out...   Feb 17 2026, 01:12 PM
chmillman   I think they figured it out... Yep…   Feb 17 2026, 02:41 PM
SirAndy   I think they figured it out... Playing catch-up ...   Feb 17 2026, 08:16 PM
GregAmy   :wttc: Ok, while not what was intended, I still...   Feb 17 2026, 09:05 PM
friethmiller   This sucks! <_<   Feb 17 2026, 02:21 PM
930cabman   thanks for getting us back up and running all invo...   Feb 18 2026, 06:03 AM
Biggles   Tried sending a PM message to someone and it doesn...   Feb 18 2026, 06:58 AM
rfinegan   Cannot upload images to post, been getting errors ...   Feb 20 2026, 09:55 AM
rfinegan   thanks working now   Feb 21 2026, 08:19 AM
SirAndy   If you're experiencing login/posting issues to...   Mar 1 2026, 01:45 PM
chmillman   Everything seems OK here so far. Note since the l...   Mar 1 2026, 02:01 PM
GregAmy   Ugh, over 1300 "guests" as I type this.....   Mar 1 2026, 02:08 PM
SirAndy   Ugh, over 1300 "guests" as I type this....   Mar 1 2026, 02:26 PM
SirAndy   Happening again ... <_<   Apr 4 2026, 02:40 PM
JamesM   Happening again ... <_< Was wondering ...   Apr 11 2026, 11:57 AM
mepstein   Kick their ass. Thank you. :beer2:   Apr 4 2026, 02:58 PM
TRP   Hello @sirandy , What does cloudfare pro run for...   Apr 4 2026, 09:04 PM
SirAndy   <_<   Apr 5 2026, 10:44 AM
JeffBowlsby   Well hey, look on the bright side. 914World.com i...   Apr 5 2026, 01:54 PM
SirAndy   :shoot2kill:   Apr 11 2026, 10:00 AM
GregAmy   They're baaaaaaack....!   Jun 10 2026, 07:30 AM
76-914   [i]They're baaaaaaack....! I thought s...   Jun 10 2026, 07:39 AM
SirAndy   <_<   Aug 13 2026, 07:11 PM
VaccaRabite   We are really, REALLY popular! ;-> Zach   Aug 14 2026, 10:38 AM
emerygt350   I know you are probably doing this already but if ...   Aug 14 2026, 04:18 PM
SirAndy   I know you are probably doing this already but if...   Aug 14 2026, 04:52 PM
worn   I know you are probably doing this already but i...   Aug 16 2026, 08:16 PM
adolimpio   [quote name='SirAndy' post='3268685' date='Aug 14...   Aug 16 2026, 11:03 PM
windforfun   Why is this the only website that I use that has t...   Aug 14 2026, 06:46 PM
worn   Why is this the only website that I use that has ...   Aug 18 2026, 05:54 PM
L-Jet914   I don't know why someone would want to DDOS th...   Aug 16 2026, 06:48 PM
bkrantz   Maybe a dumb question, but what happens if you dis...   Aug 16 2026, 08:03 PM
76-914   Maybe a dumb question, but what happens if you di...   Aug 17 2026, 06:54 AM
Jack Standz   First of all, we really appreciate all the admin. ...   Aug 17 2026, 12:48 AM
adolimpio   Most of these bots are not very sophisticated, man...   Aug 17 2026, 07:22 AM
SirAndy   Most of these bots are not very sophisticated, ma...   Aug 17 2026, 01:11 PM
SKL1   Is this due to some pissed off 19 year old living ...   Aug 17 2026, 11:09 AM
SirAndy   92619 guests <_< PS: And no, turning of...   Aug 17 2026, 01:13 PM
76-914   92619 guests <_< PS: And no, turning o...   Aug 17 2026, 10:11 PM
burton73   [quote name='SirAndy' post='3268784' date='Aug 17...   Aug 18 2026, 02:38 PM
930cabman   It's back to it's speedy self, thanks Andy   Aug 17 2026, 01:15 PM
SirAndy   It's back to it's speedy self, thanks And...   Aug 17 2026, 01:30 PM
930cabman   It's back to it's speedy self, thanks An...   Aug 17 2026, 04:59 PM
Flyinlow   It's back to it's speedy self, thanks An...   Aug 17 2026, 07:57 PM
Puebloswatcop   whatever was done today, its finally up to speed. ...   Aug 17 2026, 05:02 PM
sixnotfour   Good Work Andy, It really was bad earlier tryin...   Aug 17 2026, 05:11 PM
Cairo94507   Indeed; thank you Andy. I have been missing this ...   Aug 17 2026, 05:21 PM
Shivers   Thank you Sir   Aug 17 2026, 05:35 PM
rudedude   Thank you Andy for getting us back to speed. I ho...   Aug 18 2026, 09:39 AM
Shivers   Maybe if you change it to Yugo-world, they'd t...   Aug 18 2026, 03:38 PM
930cabman   Maybe if you change it to Yugo-world, they'd ...   Aug 18 2026, 04:07 PM
friethmiller   How about accounts only? Just curious.   Aug 18 2026, 03:48 PM
mgp4591   Strange...I can't connect unless I use my VPN....   Aug 18 2026, 10:35 PM
didenpx   I can only connect by disabling my vpn. But glad i...   Aug 19 2026, 07:53 AM
SirAndy   Strange...I can't connect unless I use my VPN...   Aug 19 2026, 09:23 AM
Montreal914   Thank you!!! :worship:   Aug 19 2026, 08:00 AM
914Sixer   Yeah, all my stuff is Apple and I was getting a 40...   Aug 19 2026, 08:38 PM
roundtwo   Thanks for fixing things ... Was getting a 403 er...   Aug 19 2026, 09:50 PM
dax1969   I still get the 403 error code on the laptop. Trie...   Aug 21 2026, 06:58 AM
SirAndy   I still get the 403 error code on the laptop. Tri...   Aug 21 2026, 09:16 AM
dax1969   [quote name='dax1969' post='3269158' date='Aug 21...   Aug 24 2026, 03:02 AM
mgarrison   Dang Andy, I wouldn't think we would be such a...   Aug 21 2026, 01:06 PM
SirAndy   Unblocking some of Europe right now. Going slow to...   Sep 2 2026, 11:27 AM
SirAndy   Still happening, i had to block two more US based ...   Sep 10 2026, 12:31 PM
TRP   Still happening, i had to block two more US based...   Sep 10 2026, 02:22 PM
GregAmy   This latest attack has been ongoing for weeks now....   Sep 10 2026, 07:55 PM
VaccaRabite   This latest attack has been ongoing for weeks now...   Sep 11 2026, 07:50 AM
SirAndy   Still happening ... <_<   Sep 30 2026, 12:15 PM
2 Pages V < 1 2


Reply to this topicStart new topic
23 User(s) are reading this topic (23 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

 



- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st October 2026 - 12:38 AM
...