Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Electrical - Starting Issue
FUEL14
post Jan 11 2021, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,382
Region Association: Australia and New Zealand

Hi, I have searched the forum for answers to starting issues, but I can't seem to find a thread for a problem exactly like mine.

The 3-year restoration of my car is about to come to an end, with a plan to be on the road early February. The wiring has been checked by a professional and modified/repaired where necessary. Everything was working great, starting no problem at all. But, just a couple of days ago, she turned over in the morning and didn't in the afternoon. Nothing was done to the car in between aside from a rear coilover adjustment.

When I turn the key to the first position, I can hear the fuel pump whirring and all lights, horn etc work ok. But when I turn further to crank, all I get is a single click from the under-dash fuse box area.

I installed a new battery as part of the restoration. The voltmeter is reading 13.4.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong?

Thanks in advance, Luke.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:53 PM