Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: yellow 75 1.8 posted in Northridge, Any scoop on this car? Good first 914?
SavingManuals
post Feb 1 2021, 09:59 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,044
Region Association: None

Does someone in the community own or know of this car? Would be great if someone local could check it out for me? Is it even worth a visit for anyone, based on what you see in the ad or may already know about its history?

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/d...7270603484.html
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
moezilla
post Feb 1 2021, 12:29 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,600

I am too far away in Northern California but I know what you are going through by having a summer yellow. It took me a few years to find an L13K 55K time capsule 2.0. But I ended up only driving it once, and I need to start driving it this year. I would say any L13K is worth a look as too many of the other yellow. You should do a scam check first (maybe ask for a photo of the hell hole, the engine compartment and VIN in the frunk) Looks like there could have been front-end damage. It seems that these cars have risen in value a lot during covid. I know a 911 guy who could be hired to look but probably better to find someone on this board. If you find one near me I would be happy to check it out for you.
+Quote Post
yellowporky
post Feb 2 2021, 03:47 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,948
Region Association: Northern California

i would run from that one. too many signs of hiding issues
+Quote Post
johnpompa
post Feb 2 2021, 05:04 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 25,035
Region Association: Southern California

I have not seen the car, but I know that it's been on LA craig's for quite a long time. I believe the seller also had a red 914 posted as well. Also lingered on craig's for a long time. I'm skeptical. I'd love to hear if anyone has had a look or drive. Good luck with your search!
+Quote Post
Robarabian
post Feb 2 2021, 09:32 PM
Post #5

914 A Roo

Member No.: 22,865
Region Association: Southern California

He has two, or had two. A red and a yellow. I looked at them both. Run. Run fast. Fun far. Don't look back. Lost of hidden rust. Neither them would start at the time I was there.

QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Feb 1 2021, 07:59 AM) *

Does someone in the community own or know of this car? Would be great if someone local could check it out for me? Is it even worth a visit for anyone, based on what you see in the ad or may already know about its history?

+Quote Post
felix337
post Feb 2 2021, 10:03 PM
Post #6

I'm new here ...

Member No.: 19,003

QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Feb 1 2021, 07:59 AM) *

I looked at this car in December, a lot of rust, paint fell off. Original color brown or red. Not worth the asking price, it was dropped from $14k. Don’t waste your time. Both trunks with black paints to cover hidden rust.
+Quote Post
SavingManuals
post Feb 3 2021, 06:19 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 25,044

QUOTE(felix337 @ Feb 2 2021, 11:03 PM) *

I looked at this car in December, a lot of rust, paint fell off. Original color brown or red. Not worth the asking price, it was dropped from $14k. Don’t waste your time. Both trunks with black paints to cover hidden rust.

Wow...thanks for your insight. That's a doozie. I'll pass.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 08:13 AM