Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official 2021 WCR in San Luis Obispo, Oct. 14-17, Updated 13-Oct-2021 Alisal Fire won't impact our drives
914_7T3
post Sep 30 2021, 06:48 PM
Post #141

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Group: Members
Member No.: 20,991
Region Association: Southern California

Wishing @coondog prayers for a speedy recovery and hope to see you on another SoCal ride soon!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Spoke
post Oct 1 2021, 11:50 AM
Post #142

Jerry

Member No.: 3,031
Region Association: None

@strawman

Geoff,

I'm shipping 2 sets of 914 brakes to you for door prizes for the WCR.

Both sets are black colored boards. Below are some night pictures of my car with the round pattern lights and a beautiful customer car with the square pattern LED brakes.

Good luck to all and happy motoring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Oct 1 2021, 12:11 PM
Post #143

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Prayers sent, @coondog
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Oct 1 2021, 05:15 PM
Post #144

Member No.: 22,979

QUOTE(Coondog @ Sep 29 2021, 07:37 PM) *

Sorry to post this but due to immediate health issues I will not be able to make this years WCR. Hopefully I will be able to make future events.

For now just asking for prayers.

Greg

Hi Coondog.....
I will be saying prayer for you too!

Margie
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
second wind
post Oct 4 2021, 02:35 PM
Post #145

Member No.: 12,543

QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Sep 30 2021, 05:48 PM) *

Wishing @coondog prayers for a speedy recovery and hope to see you on another SoCal ride soon!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Hello Jeffrey.....L96M Greg here....have you given any thought to the alternate route that avoids all of the traffic on the 101 near santa barbara and drops us into Nipomo? Sounded good to me....anything but traffic...ugh:( Please consider and let me know or let everyone know. We still have all of the Malibu fun and maybe even more fun on the new route. Thank you very much
gg
+Quote Post
Curbandgutter
post Oct 5 2021, 01:46 PM
Post #146

Member No.: 15,637

QUOTE(Coondog @ Sep 29 2021, 05:37 PM) *

Sorry to post this but due to immediate health issues I will not be able to make this years WCR. Hopefully I will be able to make future events.

For now just asking for prayers.

Greg

Praying for you Greg!
+Quote Post
914Toy
post Oct 5 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #147

Member No.: 21,596

I will be traveling from Orange County to WCR Friday morning Oct 15, starting early in the hope of connecting with the gangue on the Friday tour (approx noonish). Any-body wish to caravan with me?
+Quote Post
tygaboy
post Oct 7 2021, 10:28 AM
Post #148

914 Guru

Member No.: 19,241
Region Association: Northern California

Apologies for the hijack but I'm hoping someone coming up from the LA area might be able to help me by picking up a BMW trans in La Crescenta and bringing it to WCR:

If so, PM or call me on 925-708-5295

Details:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=356128

Thanks much!

Chris
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
GBX0073
post Oct 7 2021, 04:04 PM
Post #149

Member No.: 25,007
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Greg Coondog we have never spoke or met but
I know you were looking forward to the Ramble So sorry to hear
Stay positive Prayers sent your way for a speedy recovery
Geoff
+Quote Post
strawman
post Oct 7 2021, 07:17 PM
Post #150

Member No.: 8,624
Region Association: Central California

I just updated the attendee list using my iPhone (while on vacation!), but I’ll need to reformat it when I’m back home on Monday in front of my PC. I’ve also caught up on PMs to verify attendance. If you wish to be considered for the raffle prizes and will be in attendance, please PM me so that I can put you on the list!

We are one week away!!!
+Quote Post
Retroracer
post Oct 7 2021, 07:35 PM
Post #151

Member No.: 16,100
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(strawman @ Oct 7 2021, 06:17 PM) *

We are one week away!!!

...and the weather forecast looks peachy!

- Tony
+Quote Post
yellowporky
post Oct 7 2021, 07:49 PM
Post #152

Member No.: 10,948

I just found out we can attend and will be arriving late Friday evening staying at the Quality Suites.
This is my first WCR and very excited to meet the people behind the screen names.
See you all soon
Chris
+Quote Post
second wind
post Oct 8 2021, 12:05 AM
Post #153

No arguments on our route...I think things will work out just fine....see you at Paradise Cove Thursday morning...:GG
+Quote Post
jcd914
post Oct 9 2021, 03:16 PM
Post #154

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,684

We have started our trek to WCR!!
Kid's in Redwood City (granddaughter's birthday), Halfmoon Bay, Morro Bay then SLO!!
We're excited to see old friends and meet new!

Jim

Attached Image

+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Oct 9 2021, 08:34 PM
Post #155

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jcd914 @ Oct 9 2021, 02:16 PM) *

We have started our trek to WCR!!

Happy Motoring. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

I don't start until Wednesday morning.

See ya in a few. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
914SIXXation
post Oct 10 2021, 04:22 PM
Post #156

Member No.: 22,979

QUOTE(strawman @ Feb 18 2021, 03:15 PM) *

Alright, "registration" is officially open! I put it in quotes because I am not charging a fee this year, since I know that hotel costs are crazy-high in this beautiful part of the country and mostly everything will be a la carte (more details below). PM me thru this website, and include your real name and the screen/real names of your guests. I'll update the attendee list every day or two.

Upfront, I want to thank the incredible vendors that support our Porsche 914 addiction and provide such great service to us. In anticipation of this year's WCR event, I have talked with many of them, and their support for WCR 2021 is pouring in. As additional commitments are made, I'll update the list. The donated items will be raffled off during the Saturday evening awards dinner at Woodstock's in downtown SLO; winners must be present to accept prizes. If you are willing to contribute something (hint: I'm looking for someone to make People's Choice trophies!), please PM me. Below is the current list in alphabetic order:

Official T-Shirt Ordering Link

Click on the Official 2021 WCR T-Shirt Ordering Link to order t-shirts! Registrants whose orders are received by October 7th will be provided their t-shirt(s) during registration on October 14th; all others must choose the direct shipping option.

WCR 2021 Sponsors List:

914Rubber - SWAG bags & various 914 items
914Werke - various 914 items
Bruce Stone - refurbished pedals set
BuddyV - posters of WCR 2021 logo
PMB Performance - refurbished caliper set
Pokrajac Automotive - discounted dyno runs
Spokeworks LED - two sets of LED taillights
strawman - WCR 2021 logo artwork

Below is the final draft logo for this WCR 2021 that I worked with a local graphics artist to develop. I will start a separate posting to order shirts from a reliable local vendor whose shop is a few doors down from my office and we've used him for a lot of past orders. I'll add a link to this posting here once that link is up. A range of options will be provided (color of shirt, long- or short-sleeve, women's/men's, hoodie, etc.), and ordering will be done through a third-party vendor. The shirts will be distributed during registration on Thursday October 14th.

Due to COVID-19, the only "official" gathering will be at Woodstock's Pizza on Saturday October 16 at 6PM in downtown SLO. Everyone will be responsible for ordering and paying for your own meals/drinks. The same is true for meals during the Friday and Saturday drives -- you're on your own to set up small groups to chow down for lunch in Cambria (Friday), and lunch in Los Olivos (Saturday).

The SLO Trolley is currently suspended due to a lack of bus drivers, so there's no free shuttle between the host hotel and Woodstock's on Saturday evening. You can choose to make the (pleasant) walk to Woodstock's from the host hotel, Uber, or park downtown. There's three parking garages within a few blocks, and plenty of curbside parking nearby in the vibrant SLO downtown area -- but please drive safely/sober if you choose to drive.

In mid-September, the SLO County Public Health Officer decreed that face masks must be worn indoors due to the COVID-19 Delta variant, and I ask that you respectfully comply. Obviously, when you're eating/drinking, mask wearing is not possible and I am certain that enforcement is relatively lax. But I don't want our Porsche 914 community to be labeled "those guys" for raising an unnecessary ruckus.

During registration, you'll be provided your shirt (if you ordered one!), the final itinerary of events, print-outs of the drives on Friday and Saturday, ballots for People's Choice Awards (longest drive, best original, best modified, etc.), raffle tickets, as well as maps to get to the Dyno Day and other events that we can (safely) put together. I'm thinking a Thursday night sunset picture opportunity near Morro Rock, followed up with small-group gatherings to eat dinner in Morro Bay / Cayucos... but I'm open to other ideas (PM me!).

The car show will officially kick off in the Quality Suites Inn parking lot following the Saturday drive. I'll be there to collect the ballots, which we will tally up prior to meeting at Woodstock's later that evening.

I will continue to maintain this posting #1 as the singular place for details, so please subscribe and check back often.

List of Attendees:

1. strawman (Geoff S., and Nancy)
2. Steve (Steve F.)
3. BuddyV (Robert)
4. markhoward (Mark S.)
5. siverson (Steve I.)
6. Coondog (Greg)
7. markb (Mark B.)
8. Retroracer (Tony D.)
9. gonzo54 (Rick R.)
10. drem914 (Franz N., and Joyce)
11. Mike D. (Mike D.)
12. jim_hoyland (Jim H.)
13. FL000 (Josh and wife Adelita)
14. MartyYeoman (Marty Y., and Debbie)
15. 914-300Hemi (Ravi, and Michelle)
16. VegasRacer (John P.)
17. 914SIXXation (Margie SH)
18. jcd914 (Jim D., and Mary)
19. Mikey914 (Mark and Janelle W., and Scott and Daun B.)
20. Unpretentious (Jerry M.)
21. dgroover (Dave G.)
22. 914-7T3 (Jeffrey)
23. mgp4591 (Mike P.)
24. DucRS (Alfred, and Nancy)
25. 914Toy (Keith H.)
26. mxkinn01 (Mike, and Donna)
27. MikeEnglish (Mike E.)
28. Chris914n6 (Chris P.)
29. Eric_Shea (Eric and Diane, and possibly Larry & Gloria P.)
30. PCH (Peter - Saturday only)
31. EdwardBlume (Rob)
32. second_wind (Greg G.) - in for dyno day
33. Cairo94507 (Michael H, and brother Bob H)
33. DTMLGND (Paul)
34. 9ONE4_JIM (Jim P.)
35. bdstone914 (Bruce S.)
36. PDXMike (Mike P.)
37. buggvert (Will W.; Saturday only)
38. 44ron (Aaron M.)
39. alex914 (Alex H, and Jovita)
40. Robarabian (Robert A.)
41. roberthbollinger (Bob B., and Patricia)
42. DHF (Dirk F.)
43. jdbogart@self-serv.net (Don B., and Judy)
44. Yellowporky (Chris S., and Venus +2 kids; Boxster 2nd car)
45. Jack_Standz (John, and Kay)

Update on 27-Aug-2021:

I have run a few great Central Coast drives over the past few weekends, and I believe we've got 'em locked in now. I'm also working with a great local artist to design a cool t-shirt, and will start a separate thread once it's ready for debut. I haven't yet figured out the registration fee that will include the t-shirt, but will update this thread as soon as I can nail it down. Stay tuned!

We'll do a Thursday evening drive for the early check-ins to the Morro Rock to watch the sunset, snap a few pics, and catch up. Those who are up for it can join me for dinner at Beda's Biergarten for some authentic German food and cold beer.

Friday morning will start at 9:14AM in the Quality Inn parking lot, with a re-group at Cloisters Community Park in Morro Bay. Then we'll head up the Coast and then over the mountains to Paso Robles Wine Country for some scenic and twisty roads. Next it's back to the Coast to to see some unique Coastal Vistas and have lunch in Cambria in small groups. Later that afternoon, we'll head over to watch those who signed up (details coming soon!) for dyno pulls.

Saturday morning will be another 9:14AM start, and we'll head along the south Coast (after a diversion to a unique SLO picture-taking opportunity!) and head for the twisty roads in the North Santa Barbara County Wine Country. We'll head back to the Quality Inn parking lot to display our cars and collect ballots for People's Choice / Best of Show.

The awards banquet will take place at 6:00PM at Woodstock's Pizza, which is located relatively close to the Quality Suites. Click on the link to see their menu. It'll be No-Host, so you're responsible for buying your own grub and beer. But I can vouge for it all; it is a go-to for me when I'm in downtown SLO.

There are a lot of great drives into and out of SLO County, so I'll send those details to registrants so that you can group up and have mini-rallies before/after the WCR.

Original 18-Feb-2021 Posting:

Hi All --

I will continue to edit/update this posting as details are nailed down, but we've finalized the dates and location for the 2021 West Coast Ramble: the WCR will be held October 14-17, 2021 in San Luis Obispo. Ink it into your calendar!

The "host" hotel is the Quality Suites Downtown San Luis Obispo. While this place ain't cheap, it is clean, safe and within walking distance of lots of food and entertainment venues. Call them at (805) 242-0269 and ask for Angela -- she is the only one that can give you the group rate. When you book at the Quality Suites make sure to ask for the "914WORLD Group Block Rate." The 3-day total is $747.63. We may see a slight discount on this rate as we get closer to our rally as per hotel staff (I am presuming they'll credit the cost; stay tuned).

Presuming the COVID-19 pandemic is not going to re-rear its ugly head again this fall, there is a free Downtown Trolley that operates Thursday through Saturday nights, with a bus stop out front of the Quality Suites.

Hi Geoff,

I am SO bummed! I am not going to be able to make WCR with my 914-6. I have some work that is still being completed (refurbished fuel tank and stainless steel fuel lines, etc.).

So, I'm hoping it will be ok if I come in a non-Porsche. I will make sure that I am at the back and out of the photos when everyone is driving in your long row of awesome, beautiful, colorful 914s zooming along the many great roads you've planned.

I wil also park at the ends of rows when the cars are parked so as not to mess up any display of cars in parking lots. Gotta make sure those photos look great.

I'm going to PM you.

Thanks so much for all of your dedicated work to set up a wonderful West Coast Ramble!

I'm looking forward to seeing friends, meet new enthusiasts and look at all of those cool 914's!

(I am planning on meeting up with the Seal Beach/Malibu group early Thursday morning.)

See you soon.......

Cheers,
Margie
+Quote Post
914_7T3
post Oct 10 2021, 08:14 PM
Post #157

Please forgive me, I'm new to all of this!

Member No.: 20,991

Oil Change & a Fresh Coat of Wax to get ready for WCR! Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting up for breakfast on Thursday at Paradise Cove to begin the weekend!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
drem914
post Oct 10 2021, 09:13 PM
Post #158

Member No.: 9,062

QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Oct 10 2021, 03:22 PM) *

Hi Geoff,

I am SO bummed! I am not going to be able to make WCR with my 914-6. I have some work that is still being completed (refurbished fuel tank and stainless steel fuel lines, etc.).

So, I'm hoping it will be ok if I come in a non-Porsche. I will make sure that I am at the back and out of the photos when everyone is driving in your long row of awesome, beautiful, colorful 914s zooming along the many great roads you've planned.

I wil also park at the ends of rows when the cars are parked so as not to mess up any display of cars in parking lots. Gotta make sure those photos look great.

I'm going to PM you.

Thanks so much for all of your dedicated work to set up a wonderful West Coast Ramble!

I'm looking forward to seeing friends, meet new enthusiasts and look at all of those cool 914's!

(I am planning on meeting up with the Seal Beach/Malibu group early Thursday morning.)

See you soon.......

Cheers,
Margie

We will see you there Margie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif)
+Quote Post
strawman
post Oct 11 2021, 08:30 AM
Post #159

Member No.: 8,624
Region Association: Central California

(delete double post)
+Quote Post
second wind
post Oct 12 2021, 10:43 AM
Post #160

FIRE IN SANTA BARBARA!! Hey guys and gals....we have to keep an eye on this new fire in Santa Barbara ......101 is already affected and it is windy out there.....let's hope for the best but this could cause us some problems...
gg
+Quote Post

25 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 09:47 AM