Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Finally getting started, 75 1.8 resto
Planeswalker33
post Feb 19 2021, 03:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,319
Region Association: Southern California

I've finally made some progress on my 914 (1975 1.8) I picked up early last summer. Pulled the old gas tank and just received the new SS fuel lines from Tangerine. Spent last weekend making some cribbing blocks and lifting the car so I had easier/better access to underneath. I'm really happy with the condition of the car now that I'm able to get a better look. Very limited on rust and in really good working condition from what I can tell.

All that being said I pretty much have no clue what I'm doing so this has been a pretty fun adventure. The car was my Mother-in-law's and has been sitting in her garage for over a decade. She says said she was going to store it for a year or two in the garage and then bring it out once it was grandfathered into some emissions standards or something. I'm going to try and get started on the fuel lines this weekend and hopefully get the tank and fuel pump done as well.

Next steps for the next week:
1. Fuel Lines
2. Fuel Pump
3. Tank

After that I wanted to get the vacuum hoses replaced. I have not had that much fun trying to figure what I need on this so it will take a little more research. It seems like people are happy with the kits from AutoAtlanta. It doesn't look like that comes with clamps or the 19mm hose so I'll make sure to get those as well. Is there better or different hoses I should be looking at?

I also got some Marvel Mystery Oil as recommended. I'm going to research that and try and figure out how to turn it over to make sure things are free before I move forward on a whole lot else. Again being new to this I'm open to any guides or instructions/videos as I have no clue where to start.

I'll keep digging through the threads! I'm totally blown away by the amount of info tucked away everywhere. Adding some pics I've taken so far.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 04:49 PM