Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Tangerine Racing shift upgrade
post Feb 20 2021, 01:10 PM
Post #1

Michael in Seattle

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,495
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Along with replacing my transmission, clutch, etc. I had a local shop install Chris Foley's shift linkage kit and shift rod bearing. Previously it was like shifting by Ouija Board, and now it's like shifting a regular car. Of course the rebuilt transmission could also be a factor.

My car still has the European Racing Headers it came with. Decision was to dent one of the pipes to make it fit.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm considering upgrading the exhaust system to something that will support heat exchangers... if it turns out my oil leaks are now under control. I used to live in Arizona and my girlfriends would complain that my 914 had no heater. I had no idea what they were talking about. But now I've gone soft I guess.

Attached Image Attached ImageAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 1)
post Feb 20 2021, 01:15 PM
Post #2

Michael in Seattle

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,495
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

The pipe is wrapped in that last picture to prevent the bellows thermostat from opening prematurely on cold days, not related to the shift linkage.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 07:33 AM