Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tangerine Racing shift upgrade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Along with replacing my transmission, clutch, etc. I had a local shop install Chris Foley's shift linkage kit and shift rod bearing. Previously it was like shifting by Ouija Board, and now it's like shifting a regular car. Of course the rebuilt transmission could also be a factor.

My car still has the European Racing Headers it came with. Decision was to dent one of the pipes to make it fit.

As mentioned elsewhere, I'm considering upgrading the exhaust system to something that will support heat exchangers... if it turns out my oil leaks are now under control. I used to live in Arizona and my girlfriends would complain that my 914 had no heater. I had no idea what they were talking about. But now I've gone soft I guess.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
The pipe is wrapped in that last picture to prevent the bellows thermostat from opening prematurely on cold days, not related to the shift linkage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.