Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

17 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914Rubber GB - 91455209712 YES the Roll bar!
windforfun
post Sep 23 2021, 05:36 PM
Post #281

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,476
Region Association: None

How much do these cost?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Sep 23 2021, 06:03 PM
Post #282

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jul 10 2021, 06:23 AM) *

I've been meaning to share my experience and pics of my install. Full caveat: I'm not nearly as skilled at these things as Brent @bbrock , so give his experience more weight than mine.

Having said that, it was a bit of a challenge to get it installed. Even after grinding the sides down with a dremel, I really couldn't get the latch covers installed very well. I'm looking forward to the 914Rubber version of those. I had one corner that fit well, and one that didn't fit as well for some reason. Unlike Brent, I was able to get the screws in on the forward portion of the pad without too much realignment. I used #6 x 1 inch sheet metal screws (longest #6 they had in stock at Lowes). I think I got all but one in ok. The underside were a different story (the ones that point up into the bar). I got one or two of those in and then gave up after a while.

Overall, it looks MUCH better than my old cracked one that was pretty much missing the corner. Version 2.0 should be much better, although it wasn't my intention to be on the "bleeding edge" of this product. The price was very reasonable, though, the texture is very close, and along with the new vinyl and side chrome pieces it all looks MUCH better than before -- more so when latch covers are available, I presume.

Some pics:
Overall:

Good corner:

Not as good corner:

Another overall shot:

BTW, the one from AA fits perfectly. Straight seams & all the screw holes line up. The latch covers fit perfectly too. I guess you get what you pay for. Sorry Mickey.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Sep 23 2021, 06:42 PM
Post #283

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

No problem
We take care of our supporters and they will be getting some goodies that others will not.
We are stacking up the release of the "Free" latch covers that have a design feature we will highlight shortly , as well as a few other thank yous.
We always take care of our customers and we may not be 100% all the time, be we try, and give back to those that support us.
Thank you and as an update for all we will be updating you all directly about mid next week I think you all will like the outcome.
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Sep 23 2021, 07:28 PM
Post #284

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Sep 23 2021, 05:42 PM) *

No problem
We take care of our supporters and they will be getting some goodies that others will not.
We are stacking up the release of the "Free" latch covers that have a design feature we will highlight shortly , as well as a few other thank yous.
We always take care of our customers and we may not be 100% all the time, be we try, and give back to those that support us.
Thank you and as an update for all we will be updating you all directly about mid next week I think you all will like the outcome.

You know, I wish you the very best. Let me suggest that you don't sell stuff that isn't ready for "prime time." You're making your life & that of others an unnecessary PITA. I remember when I was at Agilent (HP) as a senior manufacturing engineer & when we bought defective laser components from a company in Japan. Robin would have to sit in a conference room all day long with the vendor's representative to track the fix progress. This went on for several months until we shut down the vendor. It cost Agilent lots of bucks & trouble. Test it & get it right before you try to sell it. Good luck & stay well.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Sep 24 2021, 09:15 AM
Post #285

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

I find it much easier to support a man of good morals than one that has screwed over so many members or one that openly sells - under a pseudo name - "light weight racing fans" on eBay. Unlike "HP" Mark is a one man company and doesn't have the resources to produce spot on products the first go around. BTW, you made mention of how well the AA part fits but nary a word regarding the grain not matching up very well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Sep 24 2021, 01:51 PM
Post #286

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 25 2021, 03:15 AM) *

I find it much easier to support a man of good morals than one that has screwed over so many members or one that openly sells - under a pseudo name - "light weight racing fans" on eBay. Unlike "HP" Mark is a one man company and doesn't have the resources to produce spot on products the first go around. BTW, you made mention of how well the AA part fits but nary a word regarding the grain not matching up very well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) one shown on here and the grain was too course ...just looked wrong.
I recovered mine and it turned out fine,lots of work but worth it.
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Sep 24 2021, 02:19 PM
Post #287

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 24 2021, 08:15 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Sep 24 2021, 06:24 PM
Post #288

The rubber man

Thanks guys,
I actually do try to get it right the 1st time. Sometimes issues pop up that are unexpected. Could I spend more time and money in the process, yes. We do try to be as lean as possible to offer you the best prices continuously.

Could I seek to be ISO certified, yes. But, it's a cost that has to be passed on. As you can see from my price point, and the very limited market, I have to seek a balance
Most of the time we get it right, when we don't we do the right thing. Pretty sure we took the part back and refunded the customer on this one already.

For the rest you all will be getting an email this next Thursday I think you will like.
+Quote Post
windforfun
post Sep 24 2021, 06:35 PM
Post #289

QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 24 2021, 08:15 AM) *

Correct. I also replaced the pads on the sides which have a texture that matches the new top pad. The mismatch with the top vinyl is very second or third order to me. AA may be a little pricey, but the roll bar looks brand new now. Working with George has been a delight for sure. For sure for sure as the Valley Girls used to say.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
75914-L20C
post Oct 21 2021, 07:30 PM
Post #290

It isn't what you drive, but how you drive that counts.

Member No.: 5,204
Region Association: Upper MidWest

@Mikey914

Any update on the latch covers?
+Quote Post
nivekdodge
post Oct 21 2021, 07:49 PM
Post #291

Member No.: 25,860
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

One plus hardware please
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 21 2021, 10:53 PM
Post #292

The rubber man

Yep posting up some pics tomorrow.
Mark
+Quote Post
Belgium cx
post Oct 22 2021, 09:06 AM
Post #293

Member No.: 25,661
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Yes I would like one
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 22 2021, 12:59 PM
Post #294

The rubber man

As promised. We made these covers to be able to offer up a solution for those that were having issues. This way, when you go to install you have options. The profile we changed slightly so that the ends towards the outside of the car taper to fit the parts detent. This was something that bothered me on the original part.
I ran these at WCR. We made some pins to push into the part to help grip it, wound up adding a little butyl as one pin was slightly off and they can't go too deep as there is a metal lip about 3/16" under the top of the part.

Pretty happy with the result. Also much easier to access the latch.

Mark

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 22 2021, 01:04 PM
Post #295

The rubber man

More

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 22 2021, 01:09 PM
Post #296

The rubber man

I test fit these on an early car here so I could make sure that there was no variation with latches that could interfere. Note that the roll bar pad is NOT screwed in. I do think some deformation is due to mounting screws being over tightened.

You can distort the pad buy over tightening the screws. There is a metal substructure that can exert enough pressure to pucker the part when tightened down. It also makes them more difficult to remove.
+Quote Post
Luke M
post Oct 22 2021, 05:15 PM
Post #297

Member No.: 3,574
Region Association: North East States

Mark, I purchased one of your back pads and my covers will not fit it. So what's the deal with your new cover now? I recall seeing an email about this but not sure what the answer was. Do I have to purchase your new covers or are you sending them out to people that purchased the back pad at no charge?
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 22 2021, 05:22 PM
Post #298

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Luke M @ Oct 22 2021, 04:15 PM) *

Mark, I purchased one of your back pads and my covers will not fit it. So what's the deal with your new cover now? I recall seeing an email about this but not sure what the answer was. Do I have to purchase your new covers or are you sending them out to people that purchased the back pad at no charge?

IIRC, he will send them out to those of us that purchased the roll bar covers AND also offer the new latch's at a discounted price should we chose. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 22 2021, 08:26 PM
Post #299

The rubber man

You are correct. Everyone that purchased these will get the covers at no extra charge. I will be emailing everyone directly. We are creating unique one time codes for them, so that they can be ordered off the website at no cost. You can use them or not it's your choice. It's going to be a few days before we can have this all set up on the site. There will also be some other thank yous too.
+Quote Post
jsaum
post Oct 23 2021, 11:15 AM
Post #300

Member No.: 7,809

What is the status of the next production run? I need a replacement for the one I received, it is deformed to the point where this fix won’t work.

Thanks,
Jsaum
+Quote Post

17 Pages V « < 13 14 15 16 17 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 06:54 AM