Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber GB - 91455209712 YES the Roll bar!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mikey914
So we have Rob's tread showing the prototype installed in his rig. I'm really quite happy how these turned out. We have quite a few folks that have stepped up to help support the cause and signed up on Rob's thread. Thought I should make it official and open a thread since someone has "let the cat out of the bag".

A little about the product and process
These are a self skinning rubber product that takes the texture off of the mold, so the tooling has the grain in it. This is how we make the dash tops. The big difference is that unlike the dash we were able to mold off of an original this one we had to scan and create a pattern that was cut into the tool. This is one of the reasons this tool has taken so long. There were quite a few problems we had to overcome, but we are ready to introduce the product now.

We are maybe 6 weeks out on the 1st parts shipping as we have materials inbound and it may take a bit to get it and schedule everything to move forward. Think Mid march and they will be shipping give or take a week.

The cost on these for the Group buy will be $128 until they start shipping, after and when in production they will be $148, The full retail will be $240 on these once the GB is done.

SO if you are interested sign up here !

I'm also putting together a "hardware kit" that will include new mounting screws that fit with a larger phillips head (making easier to remove later) and the new screw covers needed for $5.80 for those that need them (with the GB) no need to decide now.

From the other thread I have the following I will be notifying when ready. I do have some with question marks that I'm not sure if you are in but can send the info when ready.

So far I have the following that are interested

orthobiz ?
JamesM
TJB/914 ?
scallyk9
wes
Jett
MM1 ?
Rleog
jim_hoyland ?
pete000
yeahmag
mmichalik
rick 918-S
ValcoOscar
JamesM ?
iankarr
76-914
dt4 ?
tscrihfield
bigkensteele ?
JeffBowlsby ?
tyfighter123
Nacho
windforfun ?
horizontally-opposed
bob164
PCH
Pappy1975
914Sixer
Wew
Jack Standz
bahnzai
double-a
scallyk9
timothy_nd28
frostyf
davehg
914Toy
Steve
BeatNavy
56kabrio
tyfighter123
Front yard mechanic

PS I have AA's roll bars on sale at $95 for those that want them. I'll get some pictures of them up so you can see the difference
bbrock
I'm in for one. Thanks Mark.
914dave
I’m in for one with hardware !
Jett
I’ll take at least one
seanpaulmc
I'm in for one. And, a hardware kit.

Thanks,
dlee6204
I'm in.
Dion
In for one and the hardware kit.
live free & drive
I'm in for one too! A hardware kit too.
ClayPerrine
One and the hardware kit please.

76-914
I'll need 2 Mark. LMK when & where to send the $$$. Thx for making these. beerchug.gif
mepstein
I'll take 2 please.
ValcoOscar
Three (3) for ME biggrin.gif

And Smoke gray top when it becomes available

O
mb911
I want one.
bahnzai
I'm in for one. And, a hardware kit too.
Can we order on the website now?
Can-Am
2 please, with hardware.
75914-L20C
I'll buy one. Thanks for the effort on this!
Highland
Please add me with hardware. Thanks.
jrrobertson
I would like one and a hardware kit.
Mitox
I’ll take one with the hardware.

Thanks
rktmn247
I'll take one + hardware. Thanks!
horizontally-opposed
Count me in, please.

Thank you to @ConeDodger and the whole team @914Rubber for making this happen!

beerchug.gif
Carl456
1 please for a Canadian car
JamesM
Yeah, im still in for at least one that i have immediate need for, though probably 2, maybe 3.

...realizing I have to many 914s
bob164
I'll take 2 more, total of three with hardware kits.
Steve
I'm on the list, but i will also take the hardware kit.
914e
I'll take one, plus the hardware.
Will you be making the other pieces, like the A-pillar?
framos914
Count me in for one with hardware. Thanks
burningman
Great news! I’m in for 1 with hardware.
Dobbsy
I will take one and the hardware kit please
Rleog
I’m on your list. Will take a hardware kit too.
Thanks
TMM914
I will take 2 with the hardware.
Gary
Yes! One please, with a hardware kit.
onlyhill
I’ll take one with hardware. Thanks.

Hill
jasons
I would be interested in 1 with HW, please.
T.Rick6
I'll take 1 w/hardware please; thx for doing this beerchug.gif
Lg914
Please put me down for one with hardware.
johnswint3
I will take one and the hardware
Zimms
I am in for 2
Beach914
I like one plus the hardware kit.
mmichalik
Hi Mark,
Put me down for a HW kit as well.
Thanks!
Mike
BillJ
this is a great product 1 please with hardware
fiacra
In for one plus hardware.
JFJ914
One plus hardware.
beech4rd
I'll take one with hardware, please! Let me know how to send the funds.

Chris
porsche914gt
Sure, why not.
rjames
Please add me to the list if not too late.

Thanks!
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 22 2021, 09:50 PM) *

So we have Rob's tread showing the prototype installed in his rig. I'm really quite happy how these turned out. We have quite a few folks that have stepped up to help support the cause and signed up on Rob's thread. Thought I should make it official and open a thread since someone has "let the cat out of the bag".

A little about the product and process
These are a self skinning rubber product that takes the texture off of the mold, so the tooling has the grain in it. This is how we make the dash tops. The big difference is that unlike the dash we were able to mold off of an original this one we had to scan and create a pattern that was cut into the tool. This is one of the reasons this tool has taken so long. There were quite a few problems we had to overcome, but we are ready to introduce the product now.

We are maybe 6 weeks out on the 1st parts shipping as we have materials inbound and it may take a bit to get it and schedule everything to move forward. Think Mid march and they will be shipping give or take a week.

The cost on these for the Group buy will be $128 until they start shipping, after and when in production they will be $148, The full retail will be $240 on these once the GB is done.

SO if you are interested sign up here !

I'm also putting together a "hardware kit" that will include new mounting screws that fit with a larger phillips head (making easier to remove later) and the new screw covers needed for $5.80 for those that need them (with the GB) no need to decide now.

From the other thread I have the following I will be notifying when ready. I do have some with question marks that I'm not sure if you are in but can send the info when ready.

So far I have the following that are interested

orthobiz ?
JamesM
TJB/914 ?
scallyk9
wes
Jett
MM1 ?
Rleog
jim_hoyland ?
pete000
yeahmag
mmichalik
rick 918-S
ValcoOscar
JamesM ?
iankarr
76-914
dt4 ?
tscrihfield
bigkensteele ?
JeffBowlsby ?
tyfighter123
Nacho
windforfun ?
horizontally-opposed
bob164
PCH
Pappy1975
914Sixer
Wew
Jack Standz
bahnzai
double-a
scallyk9
timothy_nd28
frostyf
davehg
914Toy
Steve
BeatNavy
56kabrio
tyfighter123
Front yard mechanic

PS I have AA's roll bars on sale at $95 for those that want them. I'll get some pictures of them up so you can see the difference

I apologize for the dusty interior (and exterior). I keep the car in a warehouse year round under a cover. Somehow, it still, make that STILL gets dusty between visits. I’m still in search of that perfect cover I guess!
My part in this is simply that I started doing concour events in addition to SCCA and other speed related events (my PCA region doesn’t Autocross). In the early days of 914Rubber, if you called them on the phone, you got Mark, you still sometimes do, but he has staff now. Mark started calling me when he’d fly in to Reno and we’d get together and go to dinner. On virtually every phone call and every in person contact, I’d ask about progress on the targa bar pad. Poor Mark. I must have been such a pain in the ass. I can’t believe the trouble he’s gone through to get this done and get it right. He deserves every bit of our loyalty.
He is selling this too cheap. I strongly suggest you get your name on this list before his wife finds out. evilgrin.gif
P.S. I just started bugging him about the knee pad. You should have heard him groan! av-943.gif
Luke M
I'm in for one and the hardware kit please.
timothy_nd28
agree.gif
This is way cheap! Thank you Mark for providing us these NLA golden parts! beerchug.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(914e @ Feb 22 2021, 09:40 PM) *

I'll take one, plus the hardware.
Will you be making the other pieces, like the A-pillar?

Possibly,
We have identified a few other pieces that we may do first.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.