Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber GB - 91455209712 YES the Roll bar!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Mikey914
We are not releasing any more until we take care of those that have purchased from us.

jsaum
I was in on the first purchase of the group buy. I should be on the list to receive a replacement. I called and talked to your guys a few times. You can see from the pictures I posted and my communication from previous posts how deformed the latch openings are. Just wanted to know when I might expect to get a replacement.

Thanks,
Jsaum
Mikey914
QUOTE(jsaum @ Oct 23 2021, 10:41 AM) *

I was in on the first purchase of the group buy. I should be on the list to receive a replacement. I called and talked to your guys a few times. You can see from the pictures I posted and my communication from previous posts how deformed the latch openings are. Just wanted to know when I might expect to get a replacement.

Thanks,
Jsaum

I don’t think a new roll bar pad will fix the fact your latch handle is not returning to the upright position. I had asked you to send me some pics so I could walk you through this.
I will give you a full refund upon return. PM
me your specific info. I will forward a label.
Mark
jsaum
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2021, 11:51 AM) *

QUOTE(jsaum @ Oct 23 2021, 10:41 AM) *

Thanks,
Jsaum

I don’t think a new roll bar pad will fix the fact your latch handle is not returning to the upright position. I had asked you to send me some pics so I could walk you through this.
I will give you a full refund upon return. PM
me your specific info. I will forward a label.
Mark

Mark,

I emailed you pictures please give me a call to discuss the issues.
Thanks,
James
Montreal914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 22 2021, 06:26 PM) *

You are correct. Everyone that purchased these will get the covers at no extra charge. I will be emailing everyone directly. We are creating unique one time codes for them, so that they can be ordered off the website at no cost. You can use them or not it's your choice. It's going to be a few days before we can have this all set up on the site. There will also be some other thank yous too.

Did I miss an email somewhere? confused24.gif

It would be nice to see better pictures of the installed finished product with these new covers. I can't say I was really convinced by the ones shown on post #294 and #295. dry.gif

Also are all the screw holes lining up to the roll bar? if not which ones don't and what should be the best steps (screw sequence) to install the pad?

Thank you.

76-914
I can't remember any of the screw holes being remotely the same between any of my 914's so I'm going to guess not. It shouldn't be a problem drilling new holes though. beerchug.gif
scallyk9
I have two, as of yet not installed. Did I also miss the email regarding the new covers?
JamesM
QUOTE(scallyk9 @ Nov 20 2021, 09:48 AM) *

I have two, as of yet not installed. Did I also miss the email regarding the new covers?

I have 3 I havent cracked the boxes on yet for the same reason. I assume it hasnt gone out yet.
Morph914
I apologize in advance if this is repetitive, I did not read through the thread. I was in on the first group buy and installed mine without too many issues. The problem I had was when I tried to install the latch cover, I broke mine trying to get them to fit. I was under the impression that new latch covers were going to be made to remedy this.
Has anybody heard anything about these?

By the way the roll bar pad looks great! All I need is a latch cover that will fit properly.

Cheers,
John
nein14
Is it too late to get on the list for one with the hardware kit ?
Mikey914
Latch covers are starting to go out tomorrow. Also check your email I think you will have a pleasant surprise.

We will be going through our inventory and sorting these out, but they will have to be fitted to check so the process will be longer. Right now we are prepping for Black Friday and will open these back up after we can check. We will be retooling to make these more consistent as well as adding some fixtures to make the process more production friendly, and consistent.

ndfrigi
@Mikey914
Wow! Just read the pm and can’t believed what I read.
Surely it will return your generosity back to you or your family!
God bless your business and your family!

Happy Thanksgiving! And Thank you so much for always there to provide what we need for our 914!

mb911
Wow just got the email. Very nice surprise thanks again
BeatNavy
I just read the email too, Mark. Well done, sir.

Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at 914Rubber thumb3d.gif
Gatornapper
Mark - too late to get one with hardware?

GN

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 23 2021, 12:31 PM) *

We are not releasing any more until we take care of those that have purchased from us.

Puebloswatcop
Good Morning Mark. I just got your e-mail this morning. Just wanted to thank you for doing all you can to resolve the issue. I wanted to commend you on your excellent business practices and say I wish there were more business men out there with that kind of integrity.. beerchug.gif
914Toy
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Nov 23 2021, 06:09 AM) *

Good Morning Mark. I just got your e-mail this morning. Just wanted to thank you for doing all you can to resolve the issue. I wanted to commend you on your excellent business practices and say I wish there were more business men out there with that kind of integrity.. beerchug.gif

agree.gif
wes
Received the email as well, many thanks. 914rubber team always come through in the end! Where would our little pride and joy 914’s be without them.
whiterabbit
I also agree. I've spent my career as a quality assurance professional and even some of the best planned and executed design validations and process qualifications can sometimes result in unexpected issues that customer's end up dealing with. Even if there was an obvious misstep in manufacturing, at the end of the day, manufacturers/suppliers will be remembered by the level of integrity they use to manage the customer. Believe me, I've sent my fair share of apology emails and phone calls. Customer perception is critical! Well done Mark!! first.gif
mb911
Received my replacement covers. Thanks will install in spring when my car comes out of storage.
Front yard mechanic
What sweet looking parts drooley.gif Click to view attachment
roundtwo
I agree with the group sentiments!!!
Way to stand behind your products with such integrity. I also received the email about the pad. I’ll wait til after the Black Friday order landslide for more info. I don’t want distract everyone from getting my order shipped out too. piratenanner.gif

Best regards.
Mikey914
We are starting to go through and check and make corrections to finish shipping out the pads will start shipping end of the week.
Montreal914
Not sure I understand... sad.gif

Are you referring to the latch covers that some have received, or did you actually revise the targa pad design/tooling all together which makes the targa pad now fit properly? confused24.gif

I did receive the generous email but I still haven't received any parts (latch cover) or "gift" yet.

I assume it is coming per email info. beerchug.gif
Robarabian

I still need one of these roll bar pads... @mikey914 how do I get in.. I keep checking the website.

Robert
Mikey914
Here's the timeline and whats going on.
We had issues with some rollbars having issues with the factory latches as the material in the pocket.

We had shipped most of them out, but after investigating the problem decided to halt shipment so we can check fits and modify any that need it.

In the meantime we had started pursuing a solution on making a new latch cover. Which took a few iterations and finally yielded what we made.
I was not happy with the solution as it wasn't as clean of an install as I would have liked.

We did start shipping out the latch kits I had made up. Kinzie thought that was all there was, but we have enough to get everyone that jas paid and more. The kits were to be made up and sent to all on the list that the roll bars had shipped. So there may be a few stragglers that should be out this week.

The roll bars that had not shipped are being checked and corrected and will start shipping out Monday.

As soon as we have all of our current customers covered we will open sales of these back up.

mepstein
Mark - I had originally purchased two roll bar pads during the group buy. Today I received one pair of latch covers. In the email there was mention of a gift certificate but I have not received anything besides the 1 pair of covers. Thanks, mark

@Mikey914
914werke
Hey Mark to be clear...(because Im not sure I am):
The pad you made was found not to accept the OE latch covers.
Rather than start over to correct the Pad, you opted to recreate new latch covers to fit the Pad you tooled up for.
Is that accurate?
Do you also have a latch cover that fits the OE Pad?
Is is this NEW latch cover supposed to do dbl duty (OE & your pad)?
Are there plans to correct that pad so it does match OE dimensions, or going forward if you need one of these (Roll bar pad's) it will be s kitted with the specific latch covers?
mepstein
Yea, I’m still not clear if there’s a version 2.0 coming out.
Mikey914
Ok, let me try to clear this up.

We made the roll bar pads. In 2 runs.
1st run we were starting to see some growth in the pockets. We made adjustments to the metal on the second run that would keep the rubber from pushing into the pockets. This worked with limited results.

Decided to make latch covers to resolve this. They do work, but I’m not as happy with them as I still think there’s room for improvement there too.

So, we have sent out the latch covers.

We are in the process of going through each roll bar, cutting more than enough clearance so they (the OEM latch covers) can be easily mounted. There is a short list of folks that had held the last few of. Those are going out now, just slowly with the holiday.

EVERY roll bar that was purchased, and not returned will get a credit to spend. Some of the credits may not have been applied to roll bars that haven’t shipped. Those folks won the trifecta.

Will will rework the tool, but have the third component of this program occupying the equipment right now.

The credit can be used on the windshield upper bolster we are wrapping up now, or can be applied to the parts currently being tooled up.

I’ll let the cat out of the bag, it’s the windshield pillar pieces.

Lastly, the credit could be applied to “2nd gen “ version which will follow.

We are also in the process of getting the rebuild kits listed very shortly.

If I missed anyone, let me know

Mark you may be in the trifecta catagory. I will follow up.

76-914
Mark, I never heard back from you so this is my 2nd request. Just like Mark E., I ordered and received two roll bar pads, albeit w/o attachment screws, but to date have only received one set of covers. Also, how do we find the credit? TIA, Kent
Mikey914
Ok
Anyone who has paid for the roll bars PM me your emails and I will assure that the credits are processed. If you have not received yours include that too, This way I can check against my records and make sure no one is missed.

We are not set up to do this easily as it's not a process we normally do (mass refunds, with additional shipments), so it is possible we have a few hick-ups.
Mark
mb911
Got mine thanks. Ordered some seats.. thanks
Rob-O
Just reviving this. Is there or will there be a new generation of these that fit better and uses the OEM latch covers?

Or are we still on the 2nd run of the 1st generation pads with replacement latch covers?

Or is this GB done and complete with no follow on work to be done?

Mikey914
The GB is over,
However we now check fit metal OEM latch covers on each roll bar pad. We cut the additional material out necessary to make it fit as it should. We do have in stock, but we have enough of these that we will be going through them cutting and test fitting each one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.